Gold Rush

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.✮ .* :☆゚. ───

 ❝ EVERYBODY WONDERS WHAT
IT WOULD BE LIKE TO LOVE ❞  

 ❝ EVERYBODY WONDERS WHAT IT WOULD BE LIKE TO LOVE ❞  

James Potter was beautiful. He was a daisy growing through the cracks in a pavement. Colour among a sea of grey. A flash of a comet on a cold clear night. A boy that you could only ever look at for a few moments before you were sure you were falling for him.

Ella had made that mistake. In her nearly eighteen years of friendship with the golden boy, Ella had fallen head-over-heels for the boy. His smile made butterflies flap in her stomach, his laugh made her laugh, his opinion of her mattered more than anyone's ever had. Ella did everything to make him laugh and she hated herself for it.

To her, James was her best friend. Her closest confidante, the boy she knew she could turn to when everything was wrong but he would always be right. Well, that was until he kissed her and suggested that they hook-up, casually. Ella had never been with anyone but she accepted even if she knew it would never end well. Even if she knew she would end up with a broken heart.

Sixth year passed and their arrangement continued. In the summer, they spent time apart but whenever they were together, they were close. Their hands always touched, heads on shoulders or chests and constant hugs. Though, it was all normal. They had always been close. Everyone could see it but the two that needed to.

Seventh year arrived and Ella was a mess. Her father had returned to her life and when she needed James the most, she lost him because she could never keep her mouth shut. She had told him about her feelings and he didn't know what to say. It was all down-hill from there.

Her father, her newfound broken heart and a family that she wished she had never discovered all closed in around her. All Ella wanted was her best friend back.