Chapter 28 - Regret or Satisfaction

"I am not going to talk about this now." The tall sturdy red-head creator retorted.

"Yeah right, soon you'll be seeking relationship advice from me." Sarah mocked. "You have to, Felicia. You'll regret it more if it is too late."

Felicia rolled her golden eyes away, somehow admitting that she was authentic.

Along the way to the specific cave of the serpents, Sarah had been lecturing and ranting about Felicia, not confessing her true feelings to the traveler. Felicia's ear began to steam as her friend's chatter grew to an annoying level, the constant talking was getting on her nerves.

Plus, with the sizzling weather and dusty sand getting on her shiny black shoes, she found the babbling became a living hell. Like a mother lecturing her daughter for failing at school. Her face remained annoyed, her eyes narrowed and her teeth clenched in nuisance.

Regardless of the situation that she found her best friend's constant lecture to be bothersome, she could not deny that there was some truth behind what she was saying. There was a chance that if she didn't take action promptly, she would risk missing the man.

Even though she felt like she did not see the chances existed in the first place.

"You can seek help from me you know that right? I have excellent experiences in relationships you know?" She winked.

"Sure, What was that jerk's name again? Atheas?" Felicia said, the sudden image of Sarah's boyfriend appeared in her mind. She never managed to establish a good friendship with her friend's lover. They had disagreements and misunderstandings that prevented them from getting along well. Most of the time Felicia found him annoying and a time-stealer; likely when Felicia wanted to hang out, he always went in the way, resulting in Sarah saying she had some plans to go with him only.

"It's Arthur..." Sarah smacked her lips and corrected her.

"Arthur, Atheas, or Atlas whatever- I don't care. He is an asshole anyways." Felicia bickered. She stretched her arms and back while looking at Sarah, who was offended by her statement.

"Don't you say that to my man. He is kind and thoughtful, you're the one who always picks the fight with him."

"Serves him right." She smirked.

"Oh yeah? What if I picked up a fight with your cat boy then?" Sarah raised her eyebrow.

"Could you please stop? We have something bigger to talk about here." Felicia spat, glaring her firey eyes into Sarah's icy ones. She gestured her head toward the cave, which seemed small enough for two serpents to live in.

Sarah sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Thanks." The creator praised sarcastically.

As the wind blew stronger, they were both forced to squint to keep the dust out of their eyes as they looked towards the cave far in the distance. Sarah used her hood and covered her face to protect it from the dusty wind, preventing it from getting into her perfectly split dual-colored hair further. Felicia's red ribbon became loosened, and she slightly tightened it up with the ruby.

Felicia took a moment to examine the cave in the distance, her golden eyes scattering the open vast zone. Her senses were overwhelmed by the sensation of the gritty sands beneath her feet, the rolling hills in the distance, and the dusty wind brushing against her skin.

Her mind raced, analyzing the situation with lightning speed, searching for the most efficient way to commence and conclude the matter. The sound of her racing thoughts echoed in her ears as she contemplated the next move.

"Trigger the serpents out," Felicia ordered. Her eyes remained fixed, unblinking, on the ominous, dark opening of the cave, as if foreseeing the monsters it held within.