44. Understanding Insecurities

Kaira entered to see Maitri had wrapped herself and was crying hysterically. She immediately walked to her and passed her a glass of water.

"Maitri" Kaira held crying Maitri tightly as they both sat in Maitri's room. Maitri kept crying hysterically.

"Kya hua?" Kaira asked her wiping her tears.

"Maan...He...He said if I want to return to USA then I need to end our relation and then go" She broke out crying again. Kaira understood the whole ploy behind it and asked Maitri to calm down.

"Dekh beta mard jaisa bhi ho, agar zidd dilayegi toh woh tut jayega magar apni zidd nai chodega(Look child, no matter how good a man is, if you will give them a reason to be stubborn, he'll break but won't let go of his stubborness)" Kaira explained to her lovingly.

"Unhone waada kiya tha. Shaadi ke baad hum wahi settle honge. Tabhi toh maine bhi shaadi ke liye haan ki thi(He promised me that after marriage we will settle in The States. That's the reason why I agreed to this marriage)" Maitri started crying again.

"Zaroor kiya tha. Magar vaade yaad dilana ka aur apni baat manwa neka ek taarika hota hai na. Tu mujhe sachi sachi bata, tune usse pucha woh jaana chahta hai ya nahi, kab jaana chahta hai?(Ofcourse he did but there's a method to remind people of their promises and make them agree to your demands. You tell me, did you ask him even once what he wanted? Did he want to go? When does he want to go?)" Maitri understood her words and wiped her tears.

"Dekh Mayu, mera beta pagal hai, shiday hai, zubaan ka bhi kadwa magar dil uska saaf hai. Woh tujhe apni mohobat me rok raha hai. Aab teri bari, tu bhi apne pyaar me apni baat manwale usse.(My son is mad and also has a bitter tongue but he's a softie at heart. He stopping you from going because he loves you. Its now your turn to convince him to agree to your demands)" Kaira said holding Maitri's hands in hers.

"Toh main galat hoon? Mera bahar jaana galat hai jiske liye mujhe unhe manana padega? Unhe shaadi ke pehle bhi pata tha na toh uss waqt kyun kuch nahi kaha?(So I am wrong? Me going out of country is wrong and I need to persuade him for something he promised me. He knew about this from the time we were together then why didn't he point it out if he had a problem?)" Maitri looked at Kaira with a broken heart.

"Ofcourse not beta. You are right at your place. What am saying is hear his side too and then make a decision, hmm? Betaa, marriage is not something where it is you VS him, it is you both as one team against the problems. Promise me you will try and talk to him" Kaira held Maitri's face in her hands and smiled.

"Woh naraz hai mujhse. Baat nai kar rahe(He's angry with me, he's not talking to me)" She said hiccupping.

"Toh pyaar se maana usse, keh usse ke tujhe nahi jaana uss ke bina. Pyaar se baat karegi na toh mera beta maan jayega Mayu (Convince him with love, tell him that you don't want to go if not with him. If you'll convince him with love he will agree to you)" Kaira held Maitri's hands in her and said.

"Pata hai beta, agar apni baat kisise maanwani ho na toh pehle uski baat man ni padti hai. Agle ko jhukane ke liye pehle khud jhukna padta hai (If you want someone to listen to you then you need to first listen to them. Before asking them to bend you need to bend first)" Kaira said with a smile explaining Maitri.

"Aap sab ne toh yeh mujhe nahi samjhaya" She looked at her complainingly.

"Hayee mera bacha. Galti hogayi hum sabse magar aab samjha rahi hoon na. Maana le tere pati ko" Kaira hugged Maitri and kissed her forehead.

"Aap bohot ache ho (You are very nice)" Maitri hugged Kaira crying.

"You too my sweet girl" Kaira kissed Maitri's head smiling.