24. Wedding Proposal

ONE MONTH LATER

"Maan" Maitri stood infront of him in his cabin with her hands on her waist.

"I said no" He ignored her and opened his laptop to work.

"Aap humare liye itna bhi nahi kar sakte? Akhir hum aapke hai kon? (You won't do this for me? Afterall who am I to you)" She sat on the chair opposite to him with a sad face, shaking her head that she fell for such a man who doesn't care for her wishes at all. Aryaman sighed loudly.

"Fine we will celebrate my birthday the way you want" He agreed to her. This immediately brightened her mood, and she stood up jumping in excitement.

"Don't expect me to melt because of your emotional drama every time" He warned her playfully.

"It works every time. Be ready by 6, I'll come to pick you" She winked at him and left the cabin.

"Sutli-bomb" He shook his head laughing at her antics.

FEW HOURS LATER

"Vickyy" Maitri opened the door and leaned onto the door with her. Aryaman who was working on a paper, threw his pen on the ground startled at the sudden intrusion.

"Please help na Vicky" She said in a drunk, slutty voice. Aryaman looked around in the room and then pointed at himself.

"Mera room kho gaya hai...aur kapde badal ne hai" She opened her collar button of her shirt. Aryaman looked at her wide eyed and immediately rushed to her side.

"I promise, tumare samne, bas do minute me kapde badlungi, chalega na VICKY" She threw herself on him. Aryaman tried to look at her without laughing.

"Aa aa, not Vicky, Nandu" He recited Abhishek Bachan's dialogue. 

"Jackas Nandu" She wrung her hands around his neck while he stabilised her by holding her waist.

"Kitni garami hai na. Kapde kaat ne ko dod rahe hai. Jee kar raha hai, utar ke phek du...aah" She opened one more button of her shirt and Aryaman immediately stopped her.

"Ruk ja meri ma. This is my workplace, I can't come out infront of my employees as a pervert." He held her shirt and closed her buttons.

"Bore" She rolled her eyes at him and waited for him to finish buttoning up her shirt. Over the period of the month, Maitri had successfully annoyed, irritated and frustrated Aryaman with her antics and with time he adapted to it.

"Lets go janab, its your birthday" She entwined her arm in his and asked him if they could leave.

"Half an hour more, please"

"No Maan. Do it tomorrow or after dinner, I don't care. We need to go now! I have to get ready, you have to get ready, traffic jam. Uff there's so much to do and so little time. Pack your things and we are leaving" She looked at him angrily. 

"Joke tha bhai joke" He pecked her cheek and collected his office bag.

She drove him to his penthouse.

"See you soon" She drove off as soon as he got off the car, not giving him a chance to say anything. He walked up to his penthouse. On his apartment door he found a sticky note.

Plucking it from the door he read.

"Stop scowling Akdu and open the door. Don't slouch and get ready super fast. Am waiting for you" He realised it was Maitri who left him the sticky note. He smiled to himself and held the sticky note in his hand and opened the door with the other hand.