HANGMAN'S TREE

hangman's tree
( n ) where the elusive 
group meet to kill

BOOK ONE

-: marauders era :-

── IT'S BEEN A LONG, LONG TIME SINCE I'VE MEMORISED YOUR FACE

I'VE MEMORISED YOUR FACE

. . .

SUMMARY

In the sixteenth century, many years after the founding of Hogwarts, School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and closely following the emergence of the International Statute of Secrecy, the Hogwarts Institution for the Advanced Study of Magic was established, in hopes that young witches and wizards would continue to hone their skills. It kept from further unintentional magic revealing their kind to society, reducing the danger of the youth to community, to prevent further witch hunts and deaths. Hundreds of years later and the university remains, forever prevalent as the first of it's kind, but now aimed to the more studious pupils of magic, who are committed to their studies in an area of focus on the subject they wish to find a career in. Perhaps. 

With a range of specific areas and topics offered to degree level, the University hosts a number of students in a castle not far from the original school finding many of it's students continue their education paths upon it's sprawling campus. A prestigious institution as it was ensured a number of powerful and learned witches and wizards became professors and upon the noticing of a keen eye, the Headmaster of Hogwarts turned to the Dean and offered a specific class.

Albus Dumbledore tended to notice when a student, or a group of students, were a little... different than the others. Perhaps they appeared to swell above their classmates, held themselves a little loftier, appeared to understand that there was something a little bit better about them. And for them, Dumbledore would cultivate a class that was highly selective, highly particular, only accepting a certain type of student. 

They would study the complexities of the Ancient Magic, what was found within the Ancient Greeks and their customs, their beliefs, their gods. It did not take him long to find the students he was looking for. 

James Potter, Juliette Priestley, Sirius Black, Peter Pettigrew and Regulus Black. Elusive characters, far more developed and interesting than their peers, from a range of complex backgrounds that allowed them to truly throw themselves into the depths of their choice in study. No one else would be accepted, and the group would grow forever closer through that inkling that he knew they all had; that their interests in the Classics, the Greeks and their knowledge of ancient languages, their commitment to their studies and lack of interest in entirely anything else - the disinterest forcing them into a place of outcasts compared to their classmates - it made them better than them, and made them better for themselves.