29. Sangeet

Next day at around 6 o'clock, Aryaman was dressed in saffron robe and was asked to perform a yagna. After the yagna was done the priest asked him to stand up and act as if he has given up all the material things and wants to become a sage. He started taking steps towards the door to walk away but Ranveer stopped him.

"Bhanje" Ranveer called him out in a dramatic manner. Aryaman scrunched his nose at Ranveer's overacting.

"Bhanje this marriage will bring you luck and prosperity" Ranveer said the basic thing that came to his mind.

"I no longer care about luck and prosperity; I care about only my God" Aryaman replied playing along.

"Shaadi ka laddoo sabko khana padta hai. Marriage brings you happiness, partnership, support, everything one needs to live in this cruel world" Ranveer stood infront of Aryaman and said.

"I only know my God's name is enough for me to live in this cruel world" Ranveer looked at Aryaman challengingly.

"Are you going to go for sure?" Ranveer asked him to which Aryaman nodded his head.

"Fine then. I'll call Maitri and show her a few of my friend's sons am sure she'll like atleast one out of them" Ranveer crossed his hands at his chest. Aryaman gave him a thumbs up and was going to take another step when Ranveer stopped him.

"Sex karne ko milega. Alot of it, anywhere and no one is going to stop you" Ranveer whispered in Aryaman's ear and moved out of the way to let him go.

"If he goes after this then there's literally nothing that can stop him" Ranveer said to Rishav. Aryaman stood there waiting for someone to come say something but when no one came he turned around and went and sat back in his position.

"What did you say such that he got convinced?" Rishav asked confused.

"Just men things" Ranveer winked at Rishav who got the idea of the reason why Aryaman turned around. Everyone who heard him snickered making Aryaman blush. After the Janev ceremony was done, they prepared to leave for Maitri's house.

 The Ranawat family along with a few close members came to Maitri's place for Palla dastoor. The Rathores welcomed them warmly. Aryaman was hid by his cousins and siblings while Maitri sat on the sofa with her eyes looking at her hands, waiting for one glimpse of Aryaman. Her breathing came out rushed as it was after a long time she would see him. She had taken time and dressed in a heavy pink saree with a covered head. She held onto the edge of her pallu tightly waiting impatiently for him.

"All set beta for marrying my son" Rishav asked sitting down on the sofa

"All set beta for marrying my son" Rishav asked sitting down on the sofa. She nodded her head shyly and looked at her hands  not having the courage to look at anyone. She didn't want to do anything that would change their mind on getting their son married to her.

"Want to see your dulha bhabhi?" Aarchi asked bending down infront of her. She lifted her gaze to look at the door but all she saw was his cousins. Her face fell thinking he didn't come.