30. Finally Married

No one disturbed the bride or groom when they slept for almost half the day, knowing they needed the glow for the big day. After the sangeet was over, Aryaman and Maitri didn't get much time to talk to each other as the photographer pulled them for pictures and later their cousins and friends.

Early in the morning in the presence of both the families the ritual of Thamb puja was done. Pooja is performed on the pillars of the mandap indicating that the bonds between both the families will remain forever strong.

"Mayu" Akshit and Jiya woke Maitri up and asked her to take a bath. At around 4, both of them started getting ready for their day. 

Aarchi was asked to tie the pagdi on Aryaman's head and Nidhi was called to apply kajal on him. Generally the nazar uttarna ritual is done by the sister-in law but since Nidhi didn't know, Aryaman and his friends took complete advantage of it and asked her to complete the ritual. Aarchi was given a bowl with rock salt chunk covered with a cloth that was tied by raksha sutra and had a swastika applied on it.

"Don't stop ringing it" Kaira said before kissing Aryaman's forehead. Before Aryaman left his room, Rishav came and locked the door.

"Ready to be hitched?" Rishav asked sitting on the bed. Aryaman nodded his head smiling widely as he adjusted the necklaces.

"Sit" Rishav asked Aryaman to sit by him.

"Are you sure you want to get married? Shaadi ke baad break up nahi seedha divorce hota hai" Rishav asked in no-nonsense tone.

"I've accepted her with her flaws and perfections and she has too" Aryaman replied with a smile.

"She's going to be leaving behind her everything for you, make sure you make it worth it. There will be times where she'll challenge you ego, which at times would force you to be a better person for her and sometimes make you feel like a loser. Whatever your feel always talk it out or else a third person will find the crack and make sure it breaks you two apart" Rishav advised his son.

"I will papa" Aryaman hugged Rishav, as if telling him that he wouldn't break his trust. Kaira knocked on the door and asked them that it was time to leave. Ruhanika and Saumya circled their hands around his head and teased him slightly. Aarchi stood behind Aryaman ringing the bowl with rock salt as everyone infront of him danced as he made his way to the entrance.

At the entrance door, Kaira did his aarti and applied a small tilak on his forehead and asked him to proceed. A helped stood with ladder and asked Aryaman to climb over the elephant. Aryaman really hated sitting on the elephant but understood that at times royal traditions held more importance than his wishes.

The whole way everyone danced pouring their heart out. When they were almost reaching the wedding venue entrance, Aryaman came down from the elephant and joined the dancing. Rishav and Kaira were the happiest seeing their one son being married.

Jiya and Akshit stood at the gate waiting for Aryaman. They too danced as they waited for him. Maitri looked out of the window staring at her groom with happiness.

"Mera piya ghar aaya oh ramji mera piya ghar aaya oh ramji" Maitri started dancing around seeing Aryaman on the elephant, looking like the kings described in novels.

"How much will you dance?" Divya asked seeing her sister go mad.

"Mujhe sajan ke ghar jaana hai" Maitri started singing and dancing.

"Stand straight, jiju has requested for a full picture of yours" Divya removed her phone tucked in her waist.

"Nope, he needs to wait for me to come at the toran" She checked herself in the mirror. She had finished her photoshoot and the rest was after the wedding where it would be a couple photoshoot.