Chapter 2: After the crash (3/3)

Those brave passengers who risk their lives to take hold of the gruelling, and menacing zombified, lifeless corpse - forced out of it's shell - they only found it hard to dominate in strength as the thing rapidly moved sharply trying to squeeze out of the arms that chained it.

This hope would soon come to an end which the thing took less than a few seconds before it broke free turning to the closest as it's new victim.

It feasted right on one of the brave passenger. Not only was the situation in shambles, it got even worse from then.

While the brave passengers were still holding the thing, the first victim that fell to the turning twitched. The rest of the passengers were more focused on the current situation, while the second thing's lifeless corpse set slightly motions. It's head, leg, and arms.

Only did the first thing break free, did the second jump up and raised its teeth at them, making everyone to be shocked and more afraid.

"Hey what's going on in there, we can't  hold it......W-What the fuck...," the pilot to the left called only for him to get bitten on the side neck by the second turned. The turned still clinging to the side.

The second pilot freaked out unaware of the circumstances, and what will do next. In addition to his friend being attacked, the commotion that ensued in the holding deck wasn't a good sign, and it is really hard for just one man to keep on trying to stabilise the balance of the helicopter as it shook left-to-right or right-to-left from time to time. Still, the last pilot held a firm grip over the controls mastering a genuine skill for this precautions.

But when will the situation settle for at least a moment. Currently, the passengers are already in an unfortunate Status having this turned attacking them to add up for.

The pilot could also hear the screams of terror coming from behind. He hears the unrefined hollow screams - people struggling for survival. Just like the pilot he was doing the same thing, or was he.

Then suddenly helicopter seemed to unintentionally shift to the right. Something must have happened. It did.

"Ahhhhhhh!" the loud scream of one of the survivors strikingly hits until it fades away.

The pilot knew actually what had happened. That one of the survivors fell off the helicopter while in the air. For once, it is unexpected. But it just happened as the door stayed opened for unknown reasons. Maybe they wanted to flee so badly. Maybe they didn't want no more. Suicide or forced death by the leaning turned.

As the helicopter was losing it's balance, the last pilot dispatched to his helmet headphones, "Mayday, mayday, this is [unknown name] we are going down, I repeat....we..huh."

However, as the pilot blinked once, something took him by surprise. It was another turned. It lurched onto him either bitting his neck or head by sheer mouthful. The pilot lost control instantously bleeding directly from where the most severe injury sought to erupt, caused by the turned's outcome.

This had the same effect on the helicopter to go offline; none having of any pilot for the short term, due to the unfortunate turn of events. And without a greenlight, the helicopter lost control spinning and spiraling in mid air while some survivors were still on-board as it descended.

On board, those alive, held their grounds. Holding metal rods for safety. Praying to God. Saying their last words. Or hugging each others.

It is terrifying.

For chaos - more horror for this turned, it moved to close to another victim without reaction from the helicopter's descending arrival. It's position unaffected.

Like nothing happened, everything then went pitch black.
____________________________________________________________________

                                                                             Back to present time........  

The damage that the helicopter had sustained was surreal. Metal parts from the wreckage blasted open - scattering everywhere on the field wheat of crops, where the main body of the helicopter is seen far from were John had landed safely with some minor scratches. How is this possible? John thought to himself as he was idolly standing. Still awestruck and confused.

John walked over to the wreckage, watching around his shoulders, as he slowly moved to close to the main frame.

When he reached a close proximity, he stopped suddenly, and looked around the sides of the wreckage. He also covered his mouth and nose like how someone is feeling sorry at a horrifying sight.

Near the wreckage, the remains of the survivors were either pilled up on top of each other or their limps ripped apart right of their main body, and discriminately spread away like melting butter; and the smell of burnt flesh, added the gut renching abomination of huge opened wounds, placed an intoxicated atmosphere.

As John couldn't come up to such a revelation, his foot came contact with something making him almost trip over likely to lose his balance - but that he didn't, when he caught his legs balancing it and standing firmly.

When John looked down to what almost made him trip, the scene in his mind wouldn't change at. Maybe due to all the dead he was arguably surrounded by. It was the crewman. He saw the crewman's corpse laid open on the ground. What caught John by suprise was that he's entire body wasn't damage at all. But yet he is unalive.

If the crewman was just like him - the lucky few to land - why did he die. At a close inspection, John discovered that an open wound on the side abdomen. When he got closer, another wound returned to John's field of vision. On his neck, a stab like wound inserted deep as if something or someone did it deliberately.

John wanted to examine up further. But the further he goes - the further he wastes time.

Just then, John heard some rustling noises coming from behind. Noises from the ones he and now dead survivors used to hear back at the City building, trapped to defend against them. If he were to wait any longer, he would come to find out.

Hesitate no less, John sprinted off to the field crops; fleeing away from the source that grew closer, closer, and closer. That is not until he took a glance behind him at the wreckage before he's silhouette faded through the crops.

And sooner out of danger.

Or was he?
______________________________________________________________

End of Chapter 2: After the Crash

If anyone's been reading, you'll notice something about a particular scene. The scene were the Into the dead game takes place - helicopter crashes and one survivor is still alive, only to run for his life or hers. But that's just part of the game that inspired this chapter.

Like and comment