31. Blossoming Love

TARGET-140 Votes and 40 comments

After dinner, The Rathores bid farewell to Maitri. It was an emotional moment for everyone except Maitri. She was happy being married and didn't shed even one tear.

"Aye stop crying please. Am not crying why are you all crying?" She said looking at her parents.

"That's the problem bhanji. You ARE supposed to be crying. Its your vidai" Jivan said hugging Maitri who looked at him bored.

"I don't want to cry. I've married the man I love who loves me back too and also a family which considers me as their daughter. Am not leaving my family behind am simply extending my family" She said hugging Jiya who wept uncontrollably. Maitri wiped Jiya's tears and explained to her.

"You are so excited to leave us" Divya complained.

"Of course, I am. I finally got my Prince Charming" Maitri hugged Divya next.

"Am so happy for you" Divya hugged her again, this time tightly. After the vidai, The Ranawats  walked Maitri to the entrance of the palace and gave her a red veil to cover her face. Kaira placed a kalash of rice at the entrance followed by a dish filled with kumkum water and a white cloth spread on the floor.

"Kick it in with your right leg" Kaira said after doing the aarti of Aryaman and Maitri. She moved aside to give Maitri space. Maitri kicked the kalash and walked in happily. Aryaman walked beside her in her every step. Smiling widely she dipped her both legs in the kumkum water and walked on the white cloth. At the end of the cloth Aarchi and Aviraj stood with party poppers which they burst welcoming Maitri at home.

"Welcome bhabhi ma" Aviraj and Aarchi both hugged her wishing her happiness. Kaira then placed 7 steel plates on the floor and asked Maitri to pick each one on top of each other with minimal noise which she did happily. Aryaman simply stared at her and thanked God for bring her in his life. She was then asked to sit on the sofa beside Aryaman and Aviraj came and sat on her laps. 

"Paisa paisa paisa chahiye" Aviraj sang horribly making her laugh. She looked at Aryaman for money which he gladly placed in her hand. She handed Aviraj a neatly folded envelope of money. Aviraj stood up and bent down to take her blessings. She hid her feet and looked around shyly.

"You are elder than me and Aryaman's brother" She said holding his hands.

"But in relation you are elder to me" Aviraj winked at her and bent down to touch her feet. One by one all guests came with gifts for her muh dikhai. They opened her veil slightly and blessed her immensely and placed the gifts in her laps. She passed them on to Aarchi and Divya who held them.

They played a few more games before they retired for the night. Aarchi helped Maitri settled her lehenga on the bed as the boys kept Aryaman busy.

"Jijuu" Divya came holding a glass of guava juice. She sipped on the juice using a straw and walked towards the men and Nidhi who were teasing Aryaman.

"Divya jii" Aviraj walked towards her with open arms as everyone looked at him rolling his eyes. Divya looked at him with a bored expression.

"Please join us" He placed his hand over her shoulder and held her close as they walked to the boys.

"May I?" Aviraj looked at Divya's drink and asked her politely.

"Sure" She handed him her drink. Both of them got lost in talking to each other.

"We are also there Divya" Nidhi said when she couldn't bear anymore. Divya smiled and was to talk to her but Aviraj stopped her by holding Divya's hand and pulled her to the centre.