ESTELLAS's POV:

ESTELLAS's POV:

Today school was going fairly normal until I was called in by the principle which is very odd considering i am a fairly good student.

I was ushered inside the Principals office by his PA Miss Smith who left the office by giving me a small smile and i tried my best to return it not so sure if my attempt was successful considering the pitiful look on her face and before i could dwell further on it my trance was broken by Principals voice

'' Please have a seat Estella''

After Giving him my greetings and thanking him i settled on the chair.

''Estella dear we are very sorry to inform you that your foster parents have died in an accident this morning''

These words made me pause for few seconds and think about how should i feel about it

I didn't feel extremely sad or devastated even though i have lived with them for more than a year. They were cruel or loving to me they just tolerated my presence.

I always used to wonder why some people decided to become foster parents when they never truly cared about the children. But learning about all the financial benefits provided by the government to foster parents my confusion was cleared.

After a moment or so i finally found the courage to speak

''So where will I go now? Another foster home ?''

'' That is what we wanted to discuss with you Estella. This is Mr. Mark from the Social Service and he'll explain it to you'' Principal spoke and gestured towards the man on the other chair ,whom i didn't even noticed until now probably due to me freaking out.

''Hello Estella i am Robin Mark your Social Serviceworker but you can call me mark. i am sorry for the death of your foster parents .And as for your question , the policies have been updated at the cpp we'll need to run a blood test on you to check if you have any family and if they'll be taking you''Replied Mark giving me a professional smile.

I frowned hearing this ''But i don't have any family. And if they were willing to take me i don't think i would in foster care''

But i don't think my words had any effect considering the unwavering smile on Mark's face.

'' we'll see about it Estella. An if what you are saying becomes a possibility we'll proceed further accordingly''

I nod my head slowly accepting the reasoning

================================================================================

After collecting my belongings from the class and saying my goodbye to Miss Hannah, who was one of the best and kindest teacher i had.

Mark told me we were going to my foster house to collect my stuff.

After we reached my house '' Give me 10 minutes and I'll be back with my stuff'' saying this i exited the car went inside the house and going to the basement where my makeshift room was .