42: Thorny strings

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

Taehyung was still on the call when the loud chaos broke out in the room he had just locked himself into. Making a small creek to look outside, he gasped to find Jin, Namjoon, and Jackson standing near the main door of the house, as if ready to stop a big storm. And the thought came true when Jungkook sprinted out of his room, looking totally out of his senses.

"Sire, please. Don't go." Jin was the first to try, only to fail when Namjoon closed the door just when Jungkook stared his way.

"Taehyung? Is everything alright? I can hear some commotion on your side." Hoseok's worried voice brought him back to the call, but he just gulped thickly when Jungkook's white eyes settled on him, making him rush back instantly and lock the door.

With an out-of-control heartbeat, Taehyung stayed rooted against the locked door to shut every voice coming from the outside. The situation slowly dawned upon him, erupting raged breath out of his dry lips.

"It's... it's a full moon night." Slumping down against the wooden support, he mumbled lowly, and thankfully, Hoseok didn't get it clearly.

"Hyung, um... It's alright. Don't come to pick me up now."

"What? Why? Taehyung, are you sure? You are confusing me. Is everything really alright there?"

"Don't worry. Actually, I wanted to get something, but Jungkook hyung got it for me. So... I don't need to go out now." What a smooth lie he spoke that he himself was mildly shocked with it.

"Oh, ok then. Take care, and if you need anything else, I'll be there."

"Sure, and sorry for disturbing you at this hour. Good night, hyung." Hearing some sweet words from Hoseok, Taehyung teared up. The loud shattering from the living room made him snuggle into himself, clutching the hoodie in his palm.

"Why is it happening to me?" Sniffing lightly, he ducked his head down. It was still unbelievable to see that distrust and disgust in the eyes he got accustomed to seeing warmth and love for himself. Where did it go wrong? And why Wangji was dragged into this mess?

Not finding any answer to his questions, he waited on the cold floor till it was silent outside. Not having any energy to see what happened there or face a raging Jungkook again, he just went to bed, only to stumble in another wave of pain. 

It was the longest and strongest one so far, making his tears fall on his cheeks and forehead glisten in sweat, with his hands clutching his abdomen too tightly. Once it passed away, he fell on the bed, feeling exhausted to his bones.

It was alarming the way his pain was increasing day by day and getting worse. He really needs to go to a doctor or might have to bear this pain over long periods of time... deciding that, he made a plan to see one the next day, with the hope that Jungkook would be calm in the morning. As of now, he believed that his odd behavior was because of his wolf, who was losing it due to the full moon.