43. Increasing Distances

It wasn't even an hour when Aryaman was already at her door. Maitri had been crying the whole time scared that her love turned out to be the man she hated him to be.

"Why are you living in mum's old apartment?" Aryaman asked taking a seat on her bed as she stood at the door with her mouth open.

"You need to leave Maan" She looks at him angrily.

"Answer my question first" Aryaman makes himself comfortable on the bed by kicking of his shoes and laying down on the bed and checking its durability.

"Fine stay here, I'll leave" She walked by the bed to get her purse and phone when Aryaman pulled her and laid her on the bed.

"Mayuu" He said it so sweetly that she couldn't remain angry at him and broke down.

"What Maan? You cleared it that you will not come to pacify me if I leave the palace then why are you here?" She pushed him away from her and asked with tears.

"Because I love you" He held her hand stopping her from going farther away.

"Really? If you really loved me then you wouldn't have stopped me from achieving my dreams, something I had cleared with you in the first meet itself" She looked at him with accusations.

"You are being unreasonable Maitri. You can have anything you want here and yet you want to go there to start from 0? You are a Queen Maitri, and a queen never has to strive to remain in position" Aryaman explained her calmly.

"You won't understand Maan, you won't. I want to fulfill my dreams in my way not using connections to make then come true" She pushed his hand away from her wrist.

"Maitri please... what don't you have here that you want to go there? You are free to live the life the way you want here what difference is the country going to make?" He argued with her stopping her from leaving.

"Aap... Forget it. I am leaving for the states next week" She said showing him the tickets she booked for both of them before he came and they discussed the topic. Aryaman took them from her and tore them into multiple pieces and threw them in the dustbin with a smirk as Maitri looked at him shocked.

"What did you do??" She screamed at him in anger.

"Now we aren't going, simple" He said happily, pulling her in his embrace.

"Are you mad? Why did you do this?" She tried pushing him away as tears filled her eyes.

"I tore those damn tickets you so desperately booked. We will settle here and enjoy our lives" He twirled her in his embrace. She pushed him and slapped him across his face.

"I have said what I had to say. I will go to the states and fulfill my dream" She argued with him.

"The only time you will leave for the states is when you will leave me" Aryaman said angrily rubbing his cheek.

"You don't mean that" Maitri looked at him shocked and prayed to God that he didn't mean a word he said.

"You know what to do" Aryaman packed her bags as she sat on the bed dumbfound at his words. Once he was done packing her bags, he pulled her with him to the car and strapped her. She simply kept staring at nothing as he drove them to the palace. She stepped out of the car and walked inside without waiting for him, holding herself strong. Aviraj and Aarchi hugged her seeing that she was back home but her lack of response worried them.

"Bhabhi" Aarchi shook Maitri slightly but she was lost in her trance. Aryaman entered the palace holding her bags and went straight to the room. Maitri pushed them away slightly and walked to the room following Aryaman. Aviraj called for Rishav and Kaira worried about Maitri.