Tercero

I never really liked heroes.

They always seemed fake, selfish, and arrogant, and most of the time I've been proven right.

Yes, there are some with a genuine heart, but the bad far outweighs the good.

They're supposed to save lives, not fight for fame or ranking.

Sickening.

And they wonder why I did the things I did, it's not like they would be any better. So what if it was against the law? I did what I needed to do because I felt it was necessary, to make up for the flaws of the hero society.

Now then, that type of talk is rather ambitious, but that's how I truly felt.

Especially when I was a vigilante.

However, was it just an excuse? A way for me to focus my anger, fear, and resentment into the villains that crossed my path? How much of it was done with a sense of righteousness instead of a sense of rage? Sadness? Loneliness?

Was I truly any different?

I did things I regretted, but one of the things I really did, was getting involved in the NY Incident, the nation wide conspiracy. Had I not...

I am shaken out of my inner thoughts when I look inside my brand new oven to see a good looking pizza.

You gotta go, inner demons, I'm making pizza here.

I get it out of the oven, making sure to inspect it, making sure the old world pepperoni was crisp and curled up. I boxed it up and put it forth to the customer, receiving my pay. I look across the area, loving the newness it had. After I cashed a... Suitable check from that Mirko person, I was able to fix up the damage and do some slight renovations to the place.

So all's well it ends well, right?

That is when the door is slammed open, making everyone inside quiet. As the person was revealed to be... Mirko, the No. 5 hero.

Shit.

The crowd inside whispered to themselves, taking pictures of the illustrious hero.

And she walked... Straight to me?

Man I should've used my quirk.

She marched up right up to my counter, looking up at me.

I could only hope she only wanted an order.

"How can I help you?" I said, acting as if this woman couldn't kick my head off.

"I know what you are, dipshit!" She said.

"Huh?"

"Don't 'huh?' me, bastard!"

"Do we have to do this in front of the customers?" I said, motioning towards the wide eyed civilians in here. She looked, before she humphed and grabbed my shirt and drug me to the back?

I'm glad I didn't have anything in the oven...

"Was that really necessary?"

She seemed to grow angry, getting a tick mark on her head.

"Don't act so innocent now, stupid! I know what you did in here that one day!"

"Oh really?"

"Yes really!"

Fuck, she probably saw the cam footage herself. I would assume so, since it was her fight and everything.

"No normal person fights like that, I thought, but when I dug around, I found that you aren't a normal person at all!" She said. Did all heroes have the authority to just see into other's lives? Creepy.