40. A Decision Long Overdue

TARGET- 140 VOTES AND 45 COMMENTS

NEXT DAY

Aryaman woke up before Maitri and got ready for the day. When Maitri woke she found him wearing his watch and perfume.

"Good morning" She wished him with a smile and walked to him lazily.

"Morning" He kissed her forehead and quickly left the room.

"Am running late wifey" He pecked her lips again before leaving her smiling to herself. After getting ready, Maitri shared the news with her parents and sisters and their reaction too was somehow similar to Aryaman but in her excitement she didn't notice it and kept going on and on about her dreams and career.

After keeping the call she walked down to find Rishav sitting alone in the garden.

"Papaa" She walked to him happily and sat beside him.

"What are you doing? You didn't go to office today?" She asked checking for his temperature.

"Am fine Maitri. Have a seat" Rishav sat straightly as she sat beside him looking at the gardeners do their work.

"You know Kaira and I were childhood sweethearts who got separated due to family issues but destiny found its way to us" Rishav said with a smile.

"Sachi? Was it like the DDLJ family drama?" She poured herself a cup of coffee and sat comfortably.

"Almost similar. We had alot of drama, alot of cryings here and there but at the end it worked out" Rishav took a sip of his coffee. Maitri smiled at how her in-laws were such a perfect couple where as her parents simply just beared each other's presence.

"We fought thousand times and will still fight but we are each other's home" His words reminded her constantly about how marriages were supposed to be and not like her parents'.

"Many years after marriage, Kayu and I stood at two different ends of the rope where no matter how much I tried to walk to her she somehow managed to always seem far"

"Then what did you do?" Maitri prayed in her mind that the lovely couple wasn't turning into her parents.

"I didn't do, our parents did. We both were so lost in our pain that we pushed each other afar. When both of us felt that we were very far from each other we got out of the remorse and held each other's hand and promised to never forget the other half in any situation" Rishav said finishing his coffee.

"You both are such goals. When you and ma used to visit the New York branch, I used to love just staring at you. It was as if you both were straight out of a novel, just perfect. I spent so much time just borderline stalking you two in the office, pata nai kyun magar sukoon se tha aap dono ko saath mein dekhne ka" She said remembering the times in New York when she worked.

"Thank you bache" Rishav laughed at her words.

"Can I ask you something bacha?" Rishav asked her and she looked at him with a duh expression.

"Why did you keep a condition of settling in USA for marriage?" He asked filling his cup again. Maitri pulled away the cup from him, telling him he had had enough.

"Papa... I don't know how to explain... I feel more comfortable, confident and independent there which I never felt in India. There is no one there to judge me when I make mistakes. I've seen and heard alot of things here for making slightest mistakes papa. Trust me papa it is not some random stubborn wish of mine, there's alot of background reasons to that condition which I won't be able to explain to you" She kept her gaze onto ground not knowing how to explain to him the inner turmoil in her.