41. Bonding With MIL

TARGET: 145 VOTES & 40 COMMENTS

Juhi woke to the commotion in her kitchen. She saw Maitri was sleeping on the sofa in a weird position and smiled seeing Maitri snore lightly. Juhi sat straight and kissed Maitri's head who murmured something in sleep and hid her face with her hand. She stood up from the sofa and checked in the kitchen to see the commotion.

"Am telling you they like it spicy" Manav said with his hands at his waist.

"But I know their food tastes better" Aryaman stood with the jar of sugar in his hand and argued.

"Who eats sweet malai kofta idiot?" Manav pulled open the container of all the spices from the drawer underneath the cooking stove.

"They could be one who eats sweet malai kofta. Maitri sits with the sugar container" Aryaman said shrugging his shoulders and shuddered slightly thinking how his wife added sugar on top of everything.

"That's a huge red flag I am telling you. Malai kofta is supposed to be spicy not sweet" Manav complained.

"Idiot even I know malai kofta is supposed to be spicy but they might like it sweet is what am saying" Aryaman hit Manav behind his head.

"Divya doesn't eat it sweet" Manav rubbed his head and said angrily.

"So? Am telling you lets make it sweet" Aryaman said and opened the jar to add sugar.

"Woah woah woah no" Manav tried to snatch the sugar jar away from him. Juhi looked at laughed. She walked into the kitchen to find Aryaman and Manav's cheeks covered in flour as they cooked naan. 

Manav and Aryaman stood straight seeing Juhi in the kitchen. They were waiting for her to scold them but she simply walked around in the kitchen. She looked at both of them sternly and asked them to step aside. She tasted the malai kofta they made as both of them eagerly waited for her to approve of it. She stepped back and saw their faces which were a mix of excitement and nervousness.

"Kon pagal malai kofta mein sugar add karta hai?" She said smiling making both of them at ease.

"But Maitri..." Aryaman said remembering that she adds sugar on top of her sabzis.

"Ofcourse Maitri is an anomaly to that trend, she adds sugar on every edible thing but eww sweet malai kofta is like you are molesting it, don't do that" She said laughing hitting both the boys on their heads playfully as they smiled shyly.

"Go wake up your lady loves, I'll serve it" Juhi said switching off the gas seeing that malai kofta was ready and also the naans were done.

"We will serve it, you wake them up" Manav said scaredly. Juhi and Aryaman looked at him questioningly.

"Uggh don't look at me like that" Manav complained with a bright pink face.

"Come on spill it out already" Juhi waited for Manav to reply.

"She will murder me if I disturb her beauty sleep. Last time I tried I almost died. I was this close to dying" Manav made a small gap between his index finger and his thumb showing them how disturbing sleeping Divya could cost him.

"Agreed, she gets pretty murderous when woken up" Juhi agreed to Manav.

"I'll wake her up, atleast you go wake up your wife" She turned to Aryaman who looked at her with a fake smile and acceptance.

"Come on kids, my daughters aren't that bad when woken up. You just fear them too much" Juhi understood Aryaman's expression and scolded both of them.