Pretend not to love me. / I still will.

✶

Not all love is gentle. Sometimes it's gritty and dirty and possessive, sometimes it's not supposed to be careful or soft at all. Sometimes it feels like teeth.

BAD IDEA [2023]

[ September, 1963. Radio can be heard in the distance. ]

UNKNOWN VOICE: Voltaire High is getting ready for another school year. For the first time ever, this establishment will welcome 12 girls. It is a next step in revolution for France. It will bring a new dynamic that's detrimental to education. Boys will learn how to behave and girls will learn how to be more sophisticated. Cheers to France !

How do you keep a low profile when joining first co-ed school? There are only three rules you should follow:

1. You stick with girls. / 2. You don't tell anyone you're Mayor's niece. / 3. You don't start bickering with Voltaire High's biggest bully.

Vivienne Satre should've followed all those rules. She should've listened to her mother, because in her words ─ boys are animals and she is a prey walking right into the lion's den. Voltaire High's halls were once exclusively echoing with the footsteps of young gentlemen and now the girls are joining too. Without a doubt, the attention will be on her. So frankly, Vivienne should've listened.

First rule was easy. It was obvious that the girls would be a minority in the school ─ so they needed to stick together. That shouldn't be a problem, considering being friends with boys is not an option. Even if she wanted to, the rumours would spread very quickly, and that was the last thing on Vivienne's list. She needed to keep a low profile. Luckily for her, Annick Sabiani had the same plan. Rule one: complete.

Second rule shouldn't be hard either. Vivienne always had a way with words. Her mother used to scold her for lying ─ but tehnically this wouldn't be lying, it would just be... avoiding saying any information about her personal life. Truth to be told, all Vivienne wanted is to seem normal. She knew if she had revealed she was Mayor's niece people would act as if she was a stuck up and privileged. And neither of those things were Vivienne Satre. Rule two: complete.

Third rule is where things start to get complicated. Like really, really complicated. In her defense, third rule was simply NOT possible. Not when the bully in question was Joseph Descamps. There was something about him that just made her blood boil. Whether it was him trying to make a good impression, his stupid smirk or him constantly throwing remarks at her. Descamps had a tendency to pick on other boys in the class, especially Pichon, so Vivienne took it upon her to belittle his ego. No one else had the guts to do it, anyway. And one thing about Vivienne Satre ─ she always wins. There was nothing more she enjoyed than seeing his face drop every time she'd say something to him. Even getting a 12 in class doesn't compare to seeing that smug smirk wiped off Descamps' face. Rule three: incomplete.

Maybe she should've listened. Maybe, she would've done things differently, if she knew the outcome. Maybe, she would've realised starting anything with Joseph Descamps was a bad idea. Maybe, then she would've followed rules. Oh well, rules are meant to be broken and Vivienne Satre loved bad ideas.

I'm sick of playing this game with you, Vivienne. I know you are too. How long is this going to take? (...) And you say my ego is too big.

( JOSEPH DESCAMPS TO VIVIENNE SATRE )

What game? I don't know what you're talking about, Descamps. You've clearly lost your mind.

( VIVIENNE SATRE TO JOSEPH DESCAMPS )

The game where we pretend we don't like each other. Don't try to deny it, Satre. I wanted you since the moment you walked through that school.

( JOSEPH DESCAMPS TO VIVIENNE SATRE )

✶ Introducing...

Camila Morrone

Camila Morrone. / VIVIENNE SATRE.

Vassili Schneider. / JOSEPH DESCAMPS.
Lula Cotton - Frapier. / ANNICK SABIANI.
Baptiste Masseline. / JEAN PIERRE MAGNAN.
As Described. / CAST OF MIXTE 1963.

✶ Author's note...

hi hi everyone !! i decided to do a descamps fic because unfortunately wp is lacking any mixte 1963 fan fics.. hopefully this reaches the right audience.

i'm obssesed with joseph descamps and he has interesting storyline so why not write a fanfic??

everyone on tt is also obsessed, so i hope more people on wattpad will find out about mixte bc it's such an amazing show !!

this will obvi be a enemies to lovers fic, so expect lots of angst hehe

please vote & comment so ik you guys r liking the story <33

angie, xoxo.