45. Cleared Misunderstandings

___________________

Aryaman returned to the palace to see Maitri packing her things without any excitement. 

"Am going for the rounds, you want to come?" He asked her, wearing his Rolex watch. Maitri nodded her head and ran to get her things. A chauffer drove them around the city as Aryaman interacted with different shopkeepers while Maitri pretended to be happy for his sake when from within, she just wanted to pull him to her and ask him to stop her from going. She smiled all her way to home for him, but he didn't look at her even once.

Aryaman and Maitri returned to the palace. Maitri dreaded every minute as the palace was approached.

"Please stop the car"

"We are almost there" The driver replied. She nodded her head and removed her heavy necklace and earrings with shaking heads. Aryaman opened the door as it came to an halt and strode inside the palace. Maitri hurried behind him.

"Maan" She screamed his name repeatedly as he walked away quickly. She stood in the large hall screaming his name.

"Can't we go to USA together, without ending this relation?" She asked breathing in deeply. He ignored her and continued walking upstairs.

"Do you know why I fell in love with you?" She asked as tears slid down her cheeks. Her question made him stop of the stairs.

"Because I thought that Aryaman Rishav Ranawat is the only man who understands Maitri Rathore more than understands herself" She took small steps towards him. He turned around to look at her.

"You know that its true" He said in a small voice.

"If its true then why did you ask me to choose between you and my dreams? Maan, I married you on the condition that you'd allow me to live my dreams then why did you make me choose? I believed in your promise Maan...blindly. I believed in all your promises because I love you Maan" She stood there as more tears flowed from her eyes.

"I was hurt when you broke that promise because you made my fear come true i.e that there's no difference between you and other men. Maan... probably you forgot but let me remind you, am not Maitri Rathore anymore I am Maitri Aryaman Ranawat, your wife, and you had said your Queen would never have to choose between anything then how did you present a scenario in which I would have to choose between 2 choices" She tried to keep her tears at bay as she explained to him. Aryaman turned around to go to his room to understand the situation he created for her.

"I won't go to USA" She said crying hysterically. Aryaman stopped and looked at her.

"I don't want to go to USA if not with you. I will only go if you are coming and when you say we can go. I can't live without you" More tears followed as she looked at him helplessly.

"You had drawn a line between us right, see I've crossed it and am on your side" She showed him the imaginary line between them and stepped on to his side.

"Why can't you live without me?" Aryaman asked her crossing his arms at his chest. Remaining of the family members looked at them silently, not interfering in their moment.

"Because I love you, more than myself, more than my dream and more than my self-respect" Maitri locked her gaze with him as she took small steps towards him.

"So you will leave your stubborness of USA?" He took a step towards her.

"Yes" It took her alot of courage to say the word but if it meant choosing him at the end she was ready to gamble it.

"Okay" Aryaman turned around and walked away to the room. Maitri looked at Kaira and Rishav crying hysterically.

"Throw some tantrums dear, that's when he will understand" Rishav wiped Maitri's tears and asked her to go behind him. She entered the room to see him standing in the balcony. Taking a deep breathe she went and stood beside him.