| 12 |

༊˚ 𝐀𝐍 𝐎𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐑 ࿐

Y/N'S POV ::

The afternoon when I arrived at my parent's place for absolutely no reason, my mother gave me a look as she saw me walking inside. "What are you doing here?" My steps halted at her voice. The hair on the back of my neck rose up. I turned around to face her, my gaze flickering at her cat before meeting her eyes. "Hey mom.."

"When did you come here?" Yeojin asked while setting her cat down. If I were to be honest then I hadn't expected my mother to be home at this hour. "Just a while ago." I stated , keeping my voice steady. "Is Taehyung here too?" The corner of my lips twitched at the mentioning of his name only. "No." I replied. My mother knitted her brows while giving me a look over.

Her eyes scanned me up and down. I blinked my eyes, acting cool and calm as usual. "Don't tell me that you fought with him, y/n." She stated and my eyes widened. "Judging by the expression on your face, you did fight." She shook her head. A sigh escaped my mouth before I looked away at nothing in particular. "I got the job in London." My voice came out in a whisper but it was enough for my mother to hear. A frown appeared on her face. "A job in London?"

I could feel the disappointment in her voice. The way she voiced it and made it look like the job is unworthy. "Yes.." I rasped the words. "What job? Something that has to do with your degree?" I nodded my head in agreement while she took a step in my direction. "What did Taehyung say?" She asked. "He declined." I mumbled, staring down at my feets. Remembering his every word and they linger around me.

"Of course he did. He is a billionaire and you're his wife. It wouldn't look graceful if his wife is working as a mere fashion designer." My mother's words were venomous and they did exactly the same things that they always do.

Enhancing the poison in my heart.

I could talk back to many people and it wouldn't take me a second to show them their place. But this is my mother. A mother whom I can't bear to speak my heart out in front. "He said.. that the woman in his family doesn't work." That was total bullshit. My mother gives me an eye as she pours down water for her in a glass. "Understandable. So that's the only reason you fought with him?" She questioned.

"Yeah.." I whispered, feeling my hands getting sweaty by each passing second. The cold stare which my mother was giving me was enough to make me shiver under her gaze. "You should listen to him. I told you not to disappoint your husband." She stated in her tight voice. "Even if it makes me disappointed." The words left my mouth before I could even stop them. My mother glared at me as I fisted my hands against my thigh.

"A woman's life changes a lot after marriage. You can't be selfish and think only about yourself. So before you take any step, you have to think about your husband, his family and their reputation. The Kim family is a very huge deal, dear. You're lucky that you got married to none other than Kim Taehyung." She muttered while taking a step towards me. My mother brought her hand up as I shut my eyes but then felt her finger brushing against my cheek before she placed the strand of my hair behind my ear.