47. Happy Anniversary

FEW MONTHS LATER

Maitri had established her accounting firm well and the couple was enjoying the bliss of their married life. They couple would fly to home on important occasions and functions or the family would to them to meet.

"Mayu" Aryaman said standing up to go outside. She looked at him questioningly.

"I've some work so I'll return in an hour, okay?" He asked her before leaving. She nodded her head knowing that sometimes he had impromptu meetings and all.

"Dinner?" She asked checking whether she should wait for him or he'll have dinner outside.

"At home" Aryaman hurriedly picked the car keys and his wallet, kissing her lips. She smiled bidding him farewell. Within 15 minutes he texted her to make dinner for 4 as a few guests would be joining. She looked around in the kitchen to find what she could make and sent him a thumbs up emoji.

"Diiiii" Aryaman had taken another pair of keys with him and unlocked the door with that. Maitri who was setting the table shrieked in fear.

"Oh my goodness" Maitri picked up the butterknife and a fork in her hands to attack whoever intruded her home. She turned around and stepped back to create space but upon seeing Divya stand there with her arms wide open, Maitri threw away the cutlery and pulled her younger sister in a tight hug.

"I missed you so much" Maitri said getting emotional.

"Me too" Divya replied hugging Maitri tightly until Maitri's neck pained.

"What are you doing here?" Maitri asked pulling Divya with her on to the sofas.

"Surprise Surprise" Divya said throwing her purse on the table and plopping on to the sofas.

"Divi" Maitri forgot about the remaining people completely after seeing her sister.

"I swear" Divya said with utmost sincerity.

"Okay, how was your flight?" Maitri asked excitedly.

"Aryaman's wife and my girlfriend's di, hum bhi hai" Manav said looking away from her with an angry pout. Maitri turned around and saw Manav and bit her tongue realising she forgot about him. Aryaman ignored them and went and sat beside Divya.

"Hayee how is that possible that we forget you? The life of the group?" Maitri tried to sweet talk him but Manav still pretended to be angry.

"You are angry?" Maitri asked standing beside him. He nodded his head.

"Will Methi Mattar Malai make you less angry?" Maitri asked by whispering it as if it was a secret.

"Depends if you've made it spicy or sweet?" Mana turned to her side and looked at the dining table behind her curiously.

"Its spicy" Maitri moved away slightly to give him space to reach the dining table.

"You are forgiven" Manav said walking to the dining table. Aryaman asked Divya for dinner and they also stood up for dinner.

The 2 couples spent their dinner laughing and teasing each other as Aryaman and Divya pulled legs of Manav and Maitri. Aryaman and Maitri showed them the rooms before retiring for the day.

AT 11:50 

"Mayu" Aryaman poked Maitri's arm who was sleeping peacefully. Maitri woke up with a shock and looked at him questioningly.

"What happened? Are you fine?" She asked checking the room and him.

"Come with me" He held her hand and got her up and they walked down.