50. Happily Ever After

1 WEEK LATER

"Mayuuu" Aryaman carried her out in the lawn. She snuggled in his arms feeling cold. Aryaman covered her with the shawl and walked out calling her repeatedly. She felt the cold wood under her. Aryaman tried to wake her up but she kept falling asleep.

"Maitri" Maitri who was sleeping nicely on Aryaman's shoulder sat up straight hearing Rishav's stern voice.

"Good morning papa" She stood up with closed eyes and greeted him.

"Look who's here to meet you" He said making her open her eyes slightly.

"Dadi..." She recognized Vedanshi in half-asleep state and smiled at her. Vedanshi looked at her with a smile, feeling pity for the young girl who was woken up at an ungodly hour.

"How are you beta?" Vedanshi asked. Maitri showed her thumbs up and sat down beside Aryaman, snuggling in his warmth almost falling asleep. Using her hands she pointed at Vedanshi and asked her how she was. Vedanshi and Shaurya laughed seeing Maitri's cute antics.

"Maitri" Aryaman tapped her face when she again fell asleep on his chest.

"Let me sleep Maan. Am tired. I'll do everything you say tomorrow afternoon, let me sleep right now. You don't even let me sleep at night at least spare me in the morning. Am sore like hell, my arms are sore, my legs are sore, my whole body is sore. Tomorrow I promise, let me sleep right now." She forgot she wasn't in her room and replied to him. Aryaman placed his hand over her mouth while all the elder looked at him teasingly.

"Be glad shithead isn't here son" Rishav said trying to stop from laughing out seeing Aryaman blush.

"Your tea is here" Aryaman used the ultimate weapon to wake her up. She sat up sniffing for tea with a smile. She found 3 cups of tea on the table and looked at Aryaman with tears in her eyes.

"I love you" She held his face and kissed his cheek tightly leaving a wet patch on it which he aggressively wiped it off. Maitri drank the first cup of tea in one gulp and opened her eyes fully. She drank the second cup at the same speed and breathed out in happiness. She rubbed her eyes wiping away the traces of her much-needed sleep. She saw Vedanshi and Shaurya sitting beside Rishav and Kaira.

"Hello, how are you?" She greeted them properly with her usual chirpiness.

"We are absolutely fine, how are you? We just heard your husband doesn't let you sleep at night. What is this Aryu, go slow on her now, she's pregnant" Vedanshi teased her making her look at Aryaman who was already blushing stare right into her eyes with a smirk. Now instead of him she was blushing excessively.

"Just stuff, nothing serious" She said in a small voice. She picked her third cup of tea and sipped on it now like a human being.

"Why are we not sleeping?" She asked noticing that everyone including her husband looked very much awake except her.

"We are in a slight problem as you can see" Vedanshi pointed towards the chess board. Maitri looked at her confused.

"You guys are playing chess early in the morning. How bored could you all be to do this the first thing in the morning" She yawned loudly seeing Rishav and Aryaman's dedication to chess.

"They've been playing throughout the night and woke me up at 3 in the morning to come here" Vedanshi said smiling.

"Guys its never that serious. You need a break from chess because its messing with your neurons. Why am I speaking like Nidhi?" Maitri realized she was mimicking the way Nidhi spoke and sipped on to her tea more aggressively.