Chapter 37 - Escape

"This is your end, Felicity."

The corrupt mortal scoffed, "I'm afraid not."

Felicia's head was bowed low willingly, as if she were giving up being controlled by the chains that hung her up. Her knees were starting to give way, sweat was beading up on her tank top, and her muscles were tensed. Her fiery strands of hair were a dishevelled mess, the black and white colours mixed in with the red.

Her troubled mind, shrouded in darkness, churned with a sensed helplessness yet an overwhelming surge of power. The conflicting emotions rendered her strong yet feeble. Outwardly, she appeared pitiful, a mere shell of her true self. But within, her heart, as black as the night, intensified the workings of her brilliant mind, contemplating every intricate equation. It caused her vision to blur, whispering to her to release her restrained arms, though her focus had not yet reached that point.

"You should not have consumed the dark emphasis, you can't control it," Sylvia said. "No one does, even you failed."

'Fail.'

'Fail.'

'Fail...'

Despite her best attempts to ignore it, the repeated words in her raven mind began to irk Felicia. The words echoed in her mind, a reminder of her past life when she lay weeping on the ground, hopeless and bereft of purpose. She felt pointless, irrelevant, and utterly useless.

But she wasn't that pathetic girl anymore, was she?

The creator's eyes blazed with fury as she shook her head in disbelief. Her hands balled into fists and her muscles tensed, as if she could shatter the metal cuffs that bound her with sheer force of will. "Oh, believe me, I can." She spat. "If you were able to control it, you would do the same."

Golden eyes narrowed, the warrior's eyes. Arthur was taken aback, stepping forward. "We are not like you, do not compare us to your pathetic state!" Roared Arthur.

"Oh, please. The markings on your faces don't make you look so different from me." Felicia laughed.

The trio was startled, their gaze on Felicia's triangular marks under the eye. The redhead too, examined the infinity symbol under Sylvia's gold eye which people thought was a tattoo, the blue eyeliner and eyeshadow on Anastasia's eyes which people thought was just makeup and she didn't bother to look at the line across Arthur's eyes which people thought it was just a scar.

Arthur's restrained anger was released with visible agitation. His head lowered, and his white bangs obscured his eye as he looked down at the creator, while the two women remained quite calm and less triggered.

"Even though we had different pasts than others, even these markings on our faces resembled that we were chosen because of not our sacrifices, We did not consume the dark, despite of how cruel the world treated us before our immortality." Arthur stood straight, head lifted high while his fists clenched.

The creator raised her eyebrows, aware that her words had triggered the strict, stern chief.

"Big talk tough guy, without that golden armor you're nothing." Chuckled the creator.

Arthur shut his eyes, his teeth gritted at the kneeled creator who tested his temper. "Says the girl who couldn't blend in." He snarled.

"Says the boy who got daddy issues." She retorted with a smirk.

Arthur released another powerful punch, the force of it resonating through the air. Blood splattered more from Felicia's pale lips.

"Arthur stop! One more blow she will be dead by your punch!" Shouted the fox lady, interfering. Anastasia knew that despite Felicia's menacing, energetic words, her body was barely holding up. A mortal's body struck by an immortal's fists would end the heart in the blink of an eye.