Séptimo

I sat at the table, drumming my fingers on the wooden surface as I waited.

What was I waiting for, you ask? I was waiting for the good ol detective and someone from the commission in regards to my case, before bringing up to the law here.

I'm gonna be honest, I don't have any idea how the law system works here, I can only assume it works in a similar way to the U.S. I think the main difference is that the heroes and the hero association/committee/whatever the fuck is intertwined in that.

A knock on my door stole me from my thoughts. I motioned for the people to come in. I saw detective Tsukauchi, a man in a suit, and Nezu for some reason.

"Mendoza."

"Tsukauchi. Got anything good for me?"

"If you see it as such." He said with a small smile.

"Jason Mendoza, my name is Ryuji Takashi. I come from the Hero and Law Enforcement Joint Team. I am here to discuss your proposition and case." And then he brought out a stack of papers, all related to me.

"10 years ago, you were present in the New York Incident, in which you fended off the Crypt from achieving their goals. Ever since then and the loss of your leg, you went into hiding until 4 years later law enforcement found you and shipped you off to here. Reason being why is that multiple government officials including the then vice president of the United States helped them grow to where they were, making it controversial and confidential. This along with past instances of violence within Quirked and Quirkless related conflicts forced the nation into chaos again, questioning the origins of the hero system that originated in New York City. Am I right so far?"

"Yes you are."

"They key part is the unauthorized usage of your Quirk. In the U.S. it is dictated that one may not use their Quirk unless used for self defense, and nothing else of that nature unless one had a license to use it. You used your quirk much before then, as can be seen after the numerous criminals you have captured and incapacitated. It can be argued that you should be thrown in prison."

"Heh..."

"However, support from the agencies, commission, and a statement from Star and Stripe argued against this, as your help was crucial within the incident, as without it, they may have succeeded."

"Star and Stripe, huh, I could've sworn I've only saw her once..."

"And with an analysis of your actions, as well as the exposition of several corrupt heroes, the majority believes that requesting your help once again will be beneficial." The man then takes off his glasses.

"And to be unofficial for one moment, my grandfather lived around that area at that time. When I heard that it was you who saved him, I knew I had to do whatever it took to help the man who allowed my grandfather to live just a while longer, so I personally thank you, Mendoza."

"I gotta do what I gotta do, it was no problem at all."

"So, after conversation with the court..."

Wait... Is it really... Man I wished I used my Quirk before this...

"It was decided that you are a free man, in exchange, please help us with this threat!"

Wait... Let's think about this for a moment.

"Takashi..."

"Hmm?"

"Do you think I don't know what type of people you are? The Hero Public Safety Commission?"

"..."

"I'd rather kill myself then be another puppet to your pathetic games!"

"I... Expected this response." He said with a sweatdrop.