1.2 |One with Maan|

Read, vote and comment. 

——

Anupama went to open the door, and Anuj entered the house, holding her by the waist and kissing her quite passionately. They had been dating secretly for over a month now, and making out in Anupama's living room was a tradition now. "Wait," Anupama says, pulling away from him.

"What am I waiting for?" Anuj asks, carrying her to the living room. "We can't do this right now," Anupama says. "Why?" He asks her. Then, a woman walked out to the living room. "Anu, who was it?" Devika asks. Then she saw Anuj carrying Anupama like a bride.

"Did something happen?" Devika asks. "Haan, I stepped on a pebble. I should have cleaned the house better," Anupama says. Anuj placed Anupama on the couch. "You didn't tell me you are coming to the US," Anuj says. "I know. I wanted to surprise both of you," Devika says. She hugged Anuj tight.

"Are you guys back to being friends?" Devika asks. "Yes, we are," Anuj says. They hadn't informed Malvika or Devika that they were seeing each other. Anuj was supposed to come and pick Anupama up for a date, but unfortunately, now their plans have to change.

"I wanted a glass of juice. Do you want?" Devika asks. "No, I am fine," Anuj says. Devika went to the kitchen. "Why didn't you tell me that she was here?" Anuj asks. "I was going to, but you attacked my lips," Anupama says, and then she pulls him closer. Tiptoes and then kissed his lips. "Not now," Anuj says, moving away.

"Come here," Anupama says, making him bend his head to kiss her. When Anuj heard approaching footsteps, he pulled away and wiped his lips. "You could have texted me," Anuj says. "I was still going through the shock of her sudden appearance and then excitement that she was here. I haven't seen her in a year," Anupama says.

"Well, for me, it's been longer," Anuj says. "Who asked you to leave India?" Anupama asks, rolling her eyes. "Have you started arguing again? What's wrong with both of you? I can't leave you alone for two minutes, and you start cribbing," Devika says. "We were not arguing," Anuj says.

"I want to meet your daughter, Anuj," Devika says. "Yes, I will introduce you to her," Anuj says. "You have to meet his mother, too; she's quite cool," Anupama says. "How are dance classes going?" Devika asks. "It's going well. I am a good teacher," Anupama says, patting herself on the back.

——

Anuj drove Devika and Anupama to his home. Malvika was so excited to meet Devika that she gave her a tight hug. "Now, we need to do the operation, Maan," Devika whispers in her ears. "I thought that she wasn't interested, and she went on a date with Nakhul," Malvika says. "I didn't want to say anything because it was not my place. But she and Anuj are stupid. Long story short, she loves him," Devika says.

Malvika, all of a sudden, screamed, gaining the attention of the couple that had been sneaking each other looks. "Don't draw attention," Devika says. Malvika went beside Anupama, smiling so hard. "Bhabhi," She screeched. Devika hit her palm on her head.

Anupriya walked into the house with Seema. "Oh, Dad, you are here. And you too," Choti Anu said, seeing Anupama. "Fix your tone. Devika Maasi has come from India to visit you," Anuj says. "Oh, I have another aunt," Anupriya says excitedly. She hugged Devika; even Devika was caught a little off guard by the warmth.

Devika wondered how a girl so accepting of her could not like someone like Anupama. She was here now. She would get to the bottom of everything. "Such a sweet niece," Devika says. "That she is," Malvika says. "Do I have cousins?" Anupriya asks. "No, I am single like Malvika," Devika says.