13. WINTER & IT BEGINNINGS PT ll

A/N: Plz vote before you start reading🙏🏾

[Third Person]

"So, umm...what have you decided?" True asked, cautiously. He knew what he was asking was wrong but he couldn't take knowing who his mate was and not being able to love him. He knew not telling everyone who his mate was, was wrong, but he feared what his mother would do more than anything.

"I'm going to need time. I'm going to have to get to know you, before we do anything that I might regret later on. I want to love you, but I don't want to get hurt in the process. Some yeah, I'm definitely going to need more time to think about it."

"Alright." True said, before releasing a heavy breath. A look of sadness played in his eyes, but he shouldn't be sad, he should feel guilty about making Lupine feel like he needs to make such a heavy decision.

He knows he should feel guilty, this is something no one's mate should have to go through.

***

"I told you, you should reject him and me." Asher said, while leaning against the wall in the empty hallway. It was around midnight, when True left Lupine's dorm, but before he could return to his dorm, he encountered Asher.

"I know I should. With our status and duties to our royal thrones, it will make our mating even more difficult, dangerous and complex. But I already feel love towards Lupine, love that I will not give up so easily and without a fight."

"So, you're in love. Hmm...but from what I heard you two talking about in that room, it seems you want to keep him a secret. And that itself will cause him pain, just wait True, you're gonna regret this decision."

"I guess only the goddess herself knows what will happen in the future, huh?"

"Guess you're right."

1 month later...

"Lupine?" Kyle called from down the hall. "Are you coming to lunch?"

Lupine looked up at Kyle. A neutral expression played on his face. His eyes was dark and slightly hollow and he had dark circles under his eyes.

"Nah." Lupine said simply. "We leave for camp tomorrow, so I thought I would go pack early."

"Alright." Kyle said worriedly, but he hide it well. He's been worried for Lupine throughout the whole month. Lupine's hasn't really been the same, since Kyle's brother rejected him. He's always been quiet and more to himself, but he had started to warm up to the other four, including Lucy. But in the past month, he's been distant and distracted. His skin has become paler and his eyes have dulled.
It's like he's slowly becoming...lifeless?

***

Lupine groans loudly in pain. Tears rain down his face. He stifled a yell as he slashed the silver blade across his stomach once again.

Why wouldn't it go away. He thought to himself. Why won't these dark thoughts in my brain go away.

Lupine wanted to yell at the world, he want to scream and shout until he lost his voice.

He hates it.

The memories.

The nightmares.

All of them replaying the same event. The rejection. It was becoming unbearable, his brain was in agony every time he awakened from one of those dreams.

He has cut himself hundreds of times over the last month trying to get rid of the thoughts. All the mental, physical and emotional pain was started to take its toll. His body was hurting, some times if he cut himself enough, tears of blood started to run down his face.