PROLOUGE 3: LAVIVA

*LAVIVA

*LAVIVA. The Evening before Star Day*

       "I'm just saying, He wasn't even that pretty." I roll my eyes at the duo that immediately laugh at my response. Haha. I hate them both. Not really, you know what I mean.

       "We just thought you would like him because you're both so tech savvy." Bri smiles, those painfully white teeth blinding me. I had to admit she was pretty. I mean I wouldn't be friends with someone that I didn't think looked good. Is that problematic? I think I'm a problem. Eh.

        Leo begins next, blabbering nonsense I barely paid attention to "Plus, its a good opportunity for you to actually meet someone. And going to a formal event without a partner is-"

        " Bad publicity" The three of us groan out the common phrase Mr. Brandt, my uncle tells us all the time about literally anything we do. Go out together, bad publicity. Go out without each other, bad publicity. What?? Make it make sense. I think he's just overly worried about his own title, as if the media cares what a bunch of teens do on a day out. Actually, maybe they do. Media is weird like that I guess.

        "Well you think I care? It's not the last time I disregarded the Mayor's words" I said, earning a hum of agreement from Leo as he scooted closer to Brinette, wrapping his arm around her. Ew. Sometimes I forget they're even dating. They're such best friends that honestly, them acting like a couple is so out of place. I hated it, I hated them. Hey, that's the second time I said that in like 10 minutes, maybe it's actually true.

        "Ok so, you can just ignore him the whole party. I for one will be speaking to some of the staff at the Lilah Square, their gardens are gorgeous." Brinette practically moans from the excitement of..flowers?

        "And I'll be interviewed so many times I can't even count." Leo groans. I feel bad for him. If there's anyone out there that knows how his family and title affect him, it's me. Partly because we are family. But also because we're best friends and I know these things.

        "And I'll be.. Probably on my phone and eating. I hadn't gotten a chance to finish some coding I started this morning for a new gadget." Yup. Bri had her looks and religion, Leo had his charm and title, and I had my brains...not so much the title part.

        "Care to spill?" Leo asked, revealing genuine interest from him and a Bri that was leaned over to look at me.

       "Yeah it's a device that retwist my hair for me. Doing it myself is a nightmare" I groaned, pulling at one of my locs that was curled into a middle part. I wasn't really a dress up person but when it came to events like this I did try my best. I wore a tight fighting black frilly dress with an exposed criss cross top and sleeves that ended just above my wrist. Of course with some black platforms decorated with black roses and a shimmery black purse on my shoulders. If I could see myself, I would say I looked gorgeous.