𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭'𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

A breeze softly blowing against the windows of another spring night. But this night was not like the rest. Scaramouche viewed it as a night of celebration. A celebration of the something he was most grateful for.

"Hm, there we are.." Scaramouche mumbled.

He carefully placed a few glimmering, red roses in a small vase that lied nearby. Once more, Scaramouche looked around, observing the room for which he decorated for this occasion.

He rested his hand on his hip and have a slight nod of approval. "I think Kaedehara would like this."

"He's fond of nature, I'm sure." Scaramouche said to himself.

He stood there, silently gazing at the roses for a moment before a thought came to mind.

"Ah, that's right!" Scaramouche turned to the dining table where a little letter and a small gift bag rested.

"His anniversary gift."

Scaramouche took the letter and gently sat it inside small bag.

He took a breath and looked at the outside through the windows of his and Kaedehara's shared home. He frowned slightly as he looked at the pitch-black sky. There was not a star to be seen.

It was late. Scaramouche's concern raised as time passed. He paced around the dining room table and thought to himself:

"Where is he?"
"Kaedehara should be back by now.."
"Is he okay?"
"Should I go out and look for him?"

Scaramouche let out a soft, anxious laugh as thoughts clouded his mind.

"He wouldn't leave me, would he?" He smiled weakly with wide eyes. His body trembled feverishly at the thought.

Scaramouche breathed a shaky breath. "No," He spoke "Kaedehara would never."

"He promised."

He swallowed his saliva, and turned his body towards the door. He stumbled toward the door, opening it and taking a look around. Kaedehara was nowhere to be seen. So, to Inazuma City he went.

There, the streets we isolated. Not a single soul could be seen for miles. It was.. unusual. Especially for a bustling place like this.

"Kazuha?" Scaramouche called out.

He looked around every road, every shop, every corner, until he finally saw two humanly silhouettes.

They were close.

Too close.

A narrow alleyway is where he spotted such. Silently, he grew nearer and nearer to these people, wondering if they could help him find his lover.

"Hello?" Scaramouche said. His voice echoed widely though the empty streets.

And soon, the silhouettes grew clearer.

Even In the darkest of nights, Scaramouche could see the platinum blond hair of a young male, belonging to one of the silhouettes.

"Kaedehara..?" Scaramouche called out.

Scaramouche squinted his eyes to get a better view of the two. Then suddenly, he froze in shock.

The two silhouettes drifted apart, their lips separating.

"Scaramouche.." The platinum blond looked over, his eyes slightly widening.

Scaramouche stared at Kaedehara, his voice low, yet full of emotion.  "What are doing with this.. stranger?"

"You said you'd never leave me."

Kazuha replied, "Did I?"

...

"You did."

Kaedehara hummed softly, "I guess that's too bad then."

"You don't know how it feels like to be left alone, do you?" Scaramouche questioned, his eyes glistening with heartache.

In this situation, Kaedehara had no words to speak.

"You don't love me, do you?" A trembling sigh escaped from between Scara's lips.

A chuckle left his mouth as he smiled widely, but depressingly.

Without hesitation, Scaramouche brought his hands to his neck. His heart twisting in his chest, his nails digging into his skin.

His breath shook, "I thought you loved me!" He screamed.

The flesh of his throat tore, and tears snuck out of his eyes.

"I thought you loved ME!"

A crimson liquid spilled from his esophagus, but a smile remained in his face.

"You lied." He laughed, choking on his own tears.

Scaramouche yelled from the core of his heart: "YOU F—KING LIED!"

He violently ripped his fingers out his throat and held them out to Kaedehara in a bloody mess.

Kaedehara stumbled back in an instant, his pupils dilated in fear.

And for a moment, everything went black. Only one thing could be heard besides Kaedehara's heavy breath: A loud thud.

A nightmarish sight Kaedehara saw, one that only made his eyes grow wider.

Scaramouches body flattened on the ground, in a pool of his own life source.

"Scara...?" Kazuha softly called out.

His voice echoed through the silence. His breath chilled further as he watched scaramouche, just laid there.

"Scara.." Kaedehara repeated.

Then again. And again. And again. And again.

Yet there was still no reply.

Kaedehara looked at Scaramouche's body with fear.

"Hey! Call an ambu—" He quickly turned around, only to see his accomplice had left.

It was quiet.

Not a sound to be heard.

Kaedehara was alone.

And there he stayed, basking in his own guilt, not knowing what else to do.