CHAPTER TWO: THE HEARTBREAK

The video was all over instagram.

      When I woke up the morning after the party, my mind was empty and carefree. Luckily I hadn't had anything to drink the night prior so I didn't have a hangover unlike many others that went. First thing I did was read my daily book chapter, and then scroll on instagram. Annoyingly, I still saw a feed full of events prior to the party but after one simple reset my face went blank.

      Wasting no time I clicked the video and prepared for a world of shock.

      "Does it feel good-" A girl with jet black hair moved up and down, holding the phone camera close up to avoid the disaster happening just below. There was no response, but it was him. Even in the dim lighting anyone could easily spot Leo leaned up against the headboard on what looks like a queen sized bed. His face was cradled in the neck of the female who at this point just started releasing sharp moans.

     What. The. Fuck.

     Quickly I shut off the video before my poor gay eyes were tarnished with how sex between and a straight couple would end. Actually, I didn't care if it was a boy or girl. I cared more that some girl I remember at the party had a sex tape up of her and Leo. Leo, the sweet and loving boy who I would internally vomit at from his love for my best friend, had just cheated on her.

Seven: Bri.

Bri <3: I know.

     It's been 2 weeks since then. I hadn't seen Leon in 2 weeks.

     Bri's parents still don't know exactly whats going on but I guess got the hint after Bri refused to leave her room or even have visitors for a week and a half. I was lucky I even got to enter toward the end of the time, trying to get her mind out of heartbreak with my presence.

     It wasn't enough.

     Many things in this world hurt. Getting bit by a dog, struck by lightning or even running into a blackboard. But nothing hurt like the heartbreak someone could feel, watching their best friend breakdown.

     She had changed so much since then. She slept all day, barely took care of herself, shut the world out, shut Viva and I out. Her eye bags were heavy, hair a mess, and her mood was horrible. But she wasn't angry. I think that's what hurt the most. Bri was such a passionate and energy filled girl. Whenever someone did her or the people she loved wrong, she would fight for them loudly and triumphantly. But here, she had been done wrong and there was not a drop of anger in her eyes. Just the sadness and ache she felt for her once love.

     "I knew things were bad. I mean, our relationship was great but it was forced. I could tell things were weighing on him. But it was weighing on me too. I always thought that this feeling was normal in a relationship, especially with teenagers. We had talked about splitting before but he would always assure me we would make it through anything. I should've known he was suffering in silence. I guess part of me did. But what I never expected was for it to get that bad." Bri sat leaned on her headboard, looking down at her fingers twiddling in between her crossed legs. She refused to make eye contact with us.

     "Don't defend him." Viva was first to speak, and doing so with some harsh choice of words. Bri and I must have been thinking the same thing as we both snapped to look at her. But she didn't waver. She remained calm as she continued.

     "Ok we know things were getting bad. That's normal. But it's the job of the two of you to work things out. And it sounds like you were trying, it even sounds like he was trying. But this is not your fault and it is not just justified by dumb trouble in paradise. He hurt you Bri. Something he never would've done. And you know to believe me, I know what he goes through a lot of the time and I just can't make up an excuse for something like this." Viva ranted, trailing off towards the end. Her calm and collected nature quickly softened once she started talking about Leo's mental state. Bri and I were definitely out of the loop when it came to what was going on in that guy's head sometimes. But Viva was always aware. I guess that's because they're cousins.