1.5 |One with Maan|

Read, vote and comment.

The last chapter -> C7 has been ready since the weekend but I was busy. I haven't proofread this chapter yet.

——

Anuj had made sure that he created moments for the next three months where the three of them would spend time together and alone. Anupriya slowly started to get more comfortable with Anupama, and everyone noticed this. She had become proactive in inviting Anupama over to their house to spend time.

"When are you guys getting married? I have been here for four months already, and I don't want American people to think that I have decided to get stuck in this country," Devika says. "Oh shut up, as if I haven't seen you with my white neighbour laughing and blushing," Anuj says.

"Oh, when did you have time from your girlfriend to look at my own life," Devika says. "I noticed it and told him," MD says. "She always meddling in everyone's love life," Malvika says. "I saw you talking to my business partner Dheeraj also so which one do you want?" Anuj asks.

"She can have both at different times," Malvika says, and she shakes hands with MD. "All of you in this family have filthy minds. Your neighbour and I are just friends, but Dheeraj may be a little more," Devika says. "Does Anupama know?" Anuj asks. "No, she will overreact," Devika says.

"When are you proposing?" GK asks. "When she comes back. Choti Anu gave me her blessing yesterday," Anuj says. Anupama had told everyone that she was going out to spend some time with herself. Every month she picked two days when she would go out and be alone. She started it two years ago in India and it continues today.

They were all surprised when they saw her walk into the house. "You just left eight hours ago," Devika says. "Choti Anu called me back," Anupama says. "She went for her dance class. She will be back soon," Anuj says. "Come and sit with us," MD says. "How are you?" Anuj got up and hugged her.

"We were just talking about Devika and her love life," Malvika says. "Shut up," Devika says. "Haan, vo Dheeraj bhai," Anupama says. "How do you know?" Devika asks. "We live in the same house and the walls aren't so thick. I have heard your conversations," Anupama says. "I have seen worse things with you and your boyfriend," Devika says.

"Same here sister," MD says. Anupriya walked into the house and went to Anupama. "I need your help," She says to Anu. "What happened?" Anupama asks. "I might have challenged Avanthika that you make better food than her mother, and so everyone started talking about it. And now, we have to have a food competition," Anupriya says.

"When is this competition?" Anupama asks. "They are going to come here in five hours. I had to call you to come back fast. Mom, I need your help," Anupriya dragged her into the kitchen. Everyone else was in shock because of the word that Anupriya had known. Everyone could see the relationship between them getting better, but they didn't expect her to use that word until Anupama had actually legally become her mom through marriage.

"You called me Mom," Anupama says. "Did I?" Anupriya asks. "Haan, you did," Anupama hugged her tight. Everyone awwed at the moment between them. "Stop all this. Mom has to focus and cook with me," Anupriya says, that word again but this time she says it consciously. She had enjoyed the past three months that she spent with her dad and Anupama.

One month out of it was spent with the three of them going to the Kapadia home in Maimi to spend some time together. Everyone would credit that vacation to be the thing that brought out the big change in the two Anu's relationship. Anuj watched as his girls cooked and admired them. He went into his room and opened the locker to look at the ring he had purchased long ago.