Prologue

"Is this actually true that the Prophet (SAW) never ever mistreated women?" The young boy asked his teacher who nodded her head and smiled. "Miss Mayla, how are you so sure?" He questioned once again. Mayla smiled and replied, "The Prophet (SAW) even forgave Hinda, who killed his beloved uncle, Hamza. Such was his forgiveness, which teaches us not only the treatment of women, but to always keep mercy in our hearts even for our bitterest enemies."

The students nodded their heads and started their work. Mayla smiled and as they were busy working, she picked up, "Hello Assalamualaikum?"
She asked. After hearing what the person on the other side of the phone told her, her hands shook as she hurriedly left the classroom without saying anything in a state of rush and panic.

"Maa!" She screamed when she reached her home and saw a few people gathered. Jungkook glanced at her and kept his head low. "Maa! Why is she not responding!?" Mayla screamed like crazy, her heart was hurting and she felt as if someone has ripped open her heart. "Someone please tell what happened!!!?" She cried and fell down on her knees near her mom's lifeless body.

A few standing there didn't utter a word and stared at her in sympathy. Jungkook walked near her to console her, as soon as he reached out his hand, his hand stopped and didn't touch her. She wept bitterly. "May Allah give you sabr." He said in a low voice and then the funeral was carried out.

Mayla got high fever that night and was sweating and shaking in her sleep. She suddenly woke up in distress. She picked up her phone to see the time, it was 3:10 am. She wiped off the sweat from her forehead and got up from the bed to make wuzu.

Her hands were shaking as she did the ablution. Her vision blurring from the tears forming in her eyes. Her mother was the most precious to her and her distance was nothing more than a test for her by her God, the only test she was unsure about, if she can pass it.

She offered Tahajjud and fell in prostration and started sobbing lightly. No words came from her mouth. She kept crying until a few words left her trembling lips, "Ya Allah, help me pass this test."

Jungkook, on the other hand, at that time, was also busy in his prayer. He called out, "Oh Lord of the Worlds, please grant my love patience, she won't ask it from you because she wants to prove that she can do anything for your love, my Lord, but she is weak and in pain, please help her to go through this heart wrenching moment and grant her peace." He sighed as he thought about how difficult this night will be for Mayla.

****

Taehyung looked at his wife in awe as she made her way towards him. "You look-" He stopped. She giggled at his reaction, "I look like your wife?" She laughed. "You are my wife, only mine." He said and pulled her closer. "I know I am only yours!" She smiled.

"Let's go now, we're getting late." Asiya picked up her phone and they made their way towards the restaurant.

"It's our 1st wedding anniversary. I just cannot tell how much you mean to me." Taehyung said as he held her hands. "There's no need to tell, your actions tell me everything and I value them." She said in a low voice. Her voice was the most beautiful thing in this world for Taehyung, he always wanted to hear it, when she was giggling, happy, excited, whining, panicking, loving, and most importantly talking to him with respect, that she always did... But not with everyone. She acted accordingly and that's what made her more appealing to Taehyung's eyes.

"My Mahek... The sense and feeling of my relief from this chaotic world, Shukar Alhamdulilah." He lightly rubbed her hands with his fingers.

For a few moments... Taehyung felt a sense of fear... .

A/n: I know this has less scenes of Taehyung but you guys will love the story onwards.

Question of the day!

What do you think is the age difference between Asiya and Taehyung? Comment! 🤍