Chapter 1

For a few moments... Taehyung felt a sense of fear... .

Fear of losing her...

Taehyung held Asiya's hands softly and asked, "What would you do if I tell you that I am cheating on you?" Asiya rolled her eyes playfully, "I know you're not." Taehyung chuckled as he leaned back on his chair. "My cousin, Fina, is coming over for a few days to our house as she doesn't have any other place to live and she doesn't know much about Seoul." Asiya nodded and ate silently.

"She's the same cousin to whom your mom wanted you to get married to?" Asiya questioned. "Yeah." Taehyung replied shortly.

****

"You should contact your sister once and ask her condition." Rayyan suggested to Jungkook who just nodded silently in response. "Why are you so quiet?" He asked. "Mayla's mom passed away." Jungkook replied.

"Oh-" Rayyan sighed understanding the situation. "What if she doesn't even love you? And you're here dying for her." He said. Jungkook gave him a pained smile, "It doesn't matter if she loves me or not, my love is enough to fulfill it for the both of us."

*****
"Hey Taehyung!" Fina screamed and came running to hug him but he stepped aside, "Hi." He replied with a little smile. "Why are you being so distant man? We used to be bestfriends." She said a little annoyed by his attitude. "Yeah but now the case is different, I am married and my wife doesn't like me looking at other women." He said.

Fina rolled her eyes. Taehyung frowned observing her reaction. It was showing...hatred?

Taehyung drove back to their house and showed Fina her room. "You can stay here for the time being." He smiled a little. "Did you decorate it?" She asked as she inched closer to him.
"No, My Mahek did." He replied.

"My Mahek? Did you remarry? Isn't your wife Asiya?" She asked confused. "I call her My Mehak with love." He said. "Any specific reason for that?" She asked. "She gives me the fragrance of love and peace... The feeling of home, I call her My Mehak because she carries the fragrance of our love in her." He replied as he smiled. Fina felt a sting in her heart.

"You said it wasn't a love marriage? It was what Asiya's parents wanted right? And they forced your parents to get you two married." Fina said.
"Yes you're right, but marriage is so powerful- infact nikkah itself fills the couple with love and respect." He said. Fina sighed internally.

Asiya entered the room, "Assalam o Alaikum." She said to Taehyung and passed a little smile to Fina. Taehyung grinned looking at her, his eyes showing adoration only, "Walaikum Assalam." He tilt his head a little while leaving the room indicating Asiya to follow him. Asiya said, "If you need anything, please feel free to ask."

With that said, Asiya and Taehyung left the room. "Your husband." Fina mumbled under her breath.

****

The leaves were rustling as the cold wind blew. Mayla closed the window of her room and sat down on her prayer mat. Her heart numb, and her eyes swelled. Her aunt came and put a cup of milk on the bedside table. "Please drink or eat something Mayla, why are you starving yourself?" Mrs.Jeon asked. Mayla silently nodded her head and gulped the whole glass without any further arguments.

"You are turning pale. Why don't you go outside for sometime hm? You will feel refreshed." She said gently and patted Mayla's back. Mayla gave her a pained smile.

"Okay okay, I will ask Jungkook to take you somewhere nice alright? You can spend some time with him." Mrs.Jeon said as Mayla nodded.

*****

"Taehyung, I received a call from your friend, Ivan. He wants us to attend a dinner party as he recently got married. "Hm." Taehyung nods. "I'll ask Fina if she wants to join us too." Asiya said and adjusted her dress a little. "Why her? There's no need." Taehyung said.