| 17 |

༊˚ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐇 ࿐

Y/N'S POV ::

I was standing outside Miss Jin's cabin as she had called me a while ago. Knocking on the door twice, I pushed it open after hearing her voice. "Good afternoon, Miss Lee." The lady greeted me while I did the same before taking a seat in front of her. "The file?" She pointed at the black folder I was holding in my hands. I put it on her table and waited for her response.

"You're exceptionally good at your work. I just wonder how it all happened at the meeting only." She let out a sigh while shaking her head. I've been hearing people talk about me behind my back. They give me judging eyes that I couldn't care less about. It has been over three days since that incident and I still haven't found how the hell that presentation disappeared.

"Anyways, I'm glad we at least had a few paper copies." Jin Ga-young stated while flipping through the pages. I could hear the disappointment in her voice after all , she supported me when I suggested the project. "Is the CEO planning another project?" I asked. "No. We have to work on this only. Your idea was excellent, y/n. We can't just let it go. Not after when our company is becoming a laughingstock in market." She stated , darting her eyes from the file to me.

"Also, we were lucky that it happened before we officially made an announcement of the launching of our products." She added as I let out a hum. "I understand.." I mumbled. "You know that I could've fired the person if you weren't the one at this position right now." Her sudden revelation makes me snap my eyes at her. "Then why didn't you?" I asked, hating myself for even asking it.

"I know right? I should've done that but I will not. You're a very talented person, Miss Lee. I believe in your hard work. Maybe whatever happened was just an error of the technology. I'd like to think just that while we move forward with our work." She passed me a polite smile while I nodded my head. We both discussed a few other things before she dismissed me and I left her cabin.

It was already lunch time and I was still sitting on my chair, staring at the laptop screen while picking on my fingers as the lots of thoughts ran through my brain. I couldn't see anyone messing with the pendrive on cameras. It's all empty.

"Aren't you going to eat?" I flinched at the sudden voice as I looked up and found Lia, staring down at me with a small smile. "Uh.. later.." I mumbled. She let out a heavy sigh and took a seat in front of me. "You should at least eat first before working." She stated. "I'll eat later." I replied, while typing on the keyboard. "What are you working so hard about again?" She questioned.

"Nothing really.. Just trying to find out how that presentation disappeared from the pendrive." I stated. She blinked her eyes and stared down at her fingers. "It's been three days since then.. I thought Mr Kim was past that." She mumbled. Yes, it might have been three days and somehow the articles about Vante corporations being unprofessional about their meetings have stopped popping up but still it caused damage. Though, the damage didn't really matter to the company but I hated how the damage was somehow connected to me.