Chapter 45 - Do No Good

"Good gracious! Danial! You startled me!" yelped the wise sage. Hand on her chest, she flashed a sheepish smile towards the sorcerer.

"Nice posters you got around this city, your idea of decoration?" Danial taunted, sarcasm lingering in Sylvia's office. He reclined himself on the chair, his athlete-built body tensed.

Before his way to the headquarters, he strolled down the bustling streets and gardens, his eyes caught sight of a familiar face staring back at him from every direction. Felicia's wanted poster was everywhere, and it felt like the city was playing a cruel joke on him, using his dear friend against him, especially when he had her title. The constant reminder of what he had lost was almost too much to bear.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. Attitude, Sorcerer." She scoffed, finger wiggling side to side. "You know what she'd done."

"You think I care?" As Danial gazed into Sylvia's eyes, a rush of emotions surged through him. His eyes pierced through hers, as if digging through her soul. The anger within him began to boil, threatening to spill out at any moment. Yet, he remained silent, a testament to his training and discipline. He knew he had to keep his emotions in check, despite the hurt that Felicia had caused him, he still needed to find her for his personal reasons.

He couldn't afford to make a scene like she did. After all, he was on duty and he needed to maintain his composure, lest his posters end up scattered on the streets like leaves in the wind.

"Dear me, you never gave up on her, did you? I'm curious why?" Sylvia questioned, his fingers perfecting the pink bangs on her forehead.

"None of your business, you've enraged me by putting her face on a wanted paper. Now tell me where she is." He insisted.

"Know your place."

"I know."

"You would never had it if she never left." She retorted

Danial shut his glowing eye, his fists clenched, sizzling with magic. "I'm asking politely."

"Why? Did you want the bounty?" A flurry of magenta dust swarmed around her, as she teleported to her chair.

Danial spun around on the swivel chair, facing Sylvia. His lips remained sealed, as he knew that any further words may be interpreted as a suspicion by the wise sage. He knew that playing it safe was the only way to survive for his sake and his dear creator friend, he thought.

"Ah, I see. Well, I can tell you." Sylvia lifted her left arm, causing the ribbon to flutter to life, fuchsia trails of magic twisted around the soft fabric.

"It seems that no matter how much I offer as a reward, nobody dares to take action against her. You're first." The ribbon slithered its way to Danial. "May I?"

"Don't touch me." Warned the sorcerer, he pushed himself to stand,  stepping back from the information-digging ribbon just before it made contact. His shadow loomed over the sitting pink-haired CEO. "Just... tell me where she is."

Eyebrow raised, the sage was suspicious of why the sorcerer flinched in such a way. "Sit down, Number 1."

"Don't call me that."

"Have you ever wondered how she got her markings?" Sylvia hummed, her hand laced under her chin.

Danial could feel his impatience growing by the second. But he also knew that losing his cool would be a dead giveaway. The stakes were too high, and he couldn't risk his secret being revealed. He needed to stay calm, even if every fiber of his being was screaming at him to act. He couldn't let anyone know why he was so eager to reunite with his friend. He had to keep his cards close to his chest, and play his hand carefully.