𝟐𝟑✯ I snucked out for answers.

ミ★✫彡
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑
- 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 -
-

I covered my pillows with my thick blanket to make it look like I was still here, sleeping.

I couldn't shake off the feeling that something wasn't right. My stepdad's behavior had become increasingly suspicious lately. He'd make comments about how much he despised vampires in movies and shows, even though he knew I had a deep fascination with them. It was as if he was trying to hide something.

Then there was the secret room, a secret passageway in a library book shelf, a box inside the floor— I've had stumbled upon all of it in one day while exploring the house.

The eerie room I was in, Dean had quickly shut the door, claiming it was just a room. But the look on his face told a different story. There was definitely something he didn't want me to discover.

His sudden interest in my whereabouts also raised red flags. He would bombard me with questions about who had been in the house, as if he was trying to catch me in a lie. It was all becoming too much to handle, it was like everyone was lying to me, even the brothers—-I just needed answers.

Determined to uncover the truth, I hatched a plan to sneak out and visit the local museum. Rumor had it that they had a hidden section dedicated to vampire mythology. If anyone had the answers I sought, it would be there.

The night was dark and moonlit as I carefully crept out of my bedroom window. My heart raced with a mixture of fear and worry, knowing if I gotten caught I would be in huge trouble. I had to be stealthy, avoiding any creaky floorboards that could give me away.

Once outside, I made my way through the quiet streets, keeping to the shadows. Every sound made me jump, afraid that I would be caught in the act. But my determination pushed me forward, I stopped in my tracks when I seen an elderly man staring at me while he was raking the leaves away from his garage.

"Is everything okay?" I asked the man

Silence.

The man continue Raking without saying a word, he definitely knew I was speaking to him.

Finally, I reached the museum. Its grand facade loomed before me, an imposing structure that held the secrets I longed to uncover. I slipped inside, grateful for the cover of darkness.

The museum was eerily quiet at this hour, with only the soft hum of security cameras and the occasional flickering of dimmed lights. I navigated through the corridors, following the signs that led me to the vampire mythology exhibit.

As I entered the exhibit, a wave of anxiety washed over me. Ancient artifacts, dusty books, and cryptic symbols adorned the displays. It was a treasure trove of knowledge waiting to be discovered.

I spent hours engrossed in the mythology, taking notes and photographs of anything that caught my attention. 

My heart raced as I carefully scanned the vampire mythology exhibit, searching for the book that could hold the answers I sought. And there it was, nestled among a collection of ancient tomes—a weathered, leather-bound book with faded gold lettering that read "Vampire Lore, Secrets Unveiled."

My hands trembled with anticipation as I reached out to grab it, my fingertips brushing against the worn cover. Just as I was about to secure the book, a sudden creak echoed through the exhibit hall, freezing me in place.