2.0 |We Meet Again|

I wrote this two weeks ago but it's apt with where Anuj and Anupama will be in the show in the next coming weeks. This is not a PG13 version though 😂. There are three chapters to this short story.

Read, vote and comment.

——

Anupama looked at herself in the mirror after putting on the long cream dress and the black coat that Devika had bought for her. She was so happy that finally, she could connect with her best friend. "Are you ready for our date?" Devika asks. "Stop talking like that because people will think we are a thing. Susie from the restaurant asked me if we are girlfriends," Anupama says.

"Oh please, I don't have such bad taste. I can't be with someone who gives lectures," Devika says. Anupama hit her and then wore her gloves and grabbed her bag. "Are you going to go for Anuj's marriage?" Devika asks. "Choti invited me," Anupama says. "To hurt you," Devika says. "Haan, but she's still my daughter," Anupama says. "Aur usaka papa don't you love him?" Devika asks.

"It's my birthday and I am trying to enjoy the fact that I am a winter baby. Let me enjoy my fiftieth birthday in peace," Anupama says. "Maybe we can find one white boy for me tonight or for you," Devika says. "I don't believe in all this casual casual and I am fine just focusing on my work," Anupama says.

Devika locked the door of Anupama's new rented home and they got into a taxi. They entered the restaurant. Anupama asked for the menu and she decided what she wanted to eat. "What do you want for this new year?" Devika asks. "I want success at work and for all my children to be happy where they are," Anupama says.

"You get to meet your granddaughter Angel now. Does that make you happy?" Devika asks. "Yes it does," Anupama says. "I wish you would have some romance in your life," Devika says. "That concept is dead for me. Love and marriage are the worst things for me," Anupama says.

"I think you need love and romance in your life," Anupama says. "Me??" Devika asks. "Yes, I will look for someone for you," Anupama says. Just then the door of the restaurant opens and someone walks in. Their food came and they started eating. He walked to their table and Anupama looked up and saw Anuj.

"I came to wish you a happy birthday," Anuj says. "Thank you," Anupama gave an awkward smile. "He kept on calling me to ask what you were doing for your birthday," Devika says. "Is Choti here?"Anupama asks. "No, she didn't want to come," Anuj says. He sat beside them and also ordered his food.

He noticed the awkward silence as Anupama was not saying anything. "I think I should go," Anuj says. Devika looked at Anupama to say something. "How is Shruti?" Anupama asks. "She is at home with Aadya," Anuj says. "How is the wedding plan going along?" Anupama asks. "Umm, it's going," Anuj says.

"I think after eating we should go to a club somewhere and dance," Devika says. "That's not my scene I will go back home," Anupama says. "Hey, there is a new dance disco open. It's not what you are thinking," Devika says. "My friend opened it. It's decent Anu," Anuj says. "My name is Anupama, not Anu," She tells him.

"Sorry," He says. Devika could see that there was still love in their eyes for each other. Only if things were in a better situation. She never imagined a time when both of them would be sitting awkwardly beside each other.

——

After dinner, they took a taxi to the disco that Devika suggested and Anuj and Anupama sat beside each other. Anuj could feel his heartbeat increasing as he sat beside her. She had become very formal with him especially since she knew he was going on with his marriage to Shruti.

Anupama on the other hand could feel the heat emanating from his body to hers. There was an electric current passing through them, and even though she knew that he still loved her the same was true for her. She didn't think that their being together would be successful. They tried once and it didn't work.