✿ TO BE FLAUNTED ✿

ALAIA

Ye Lamha Jo Thahra Hai
Mera Hai Ye Tera Hai
Ye Lamha Main Jee Loon Zara

Tujhmein Khoya Rahoon Main
Mujhmein Khoyi Rahe Tu
Khud Ko Dhoondh Lenge Phir Kabhi

Tujhse Milta Rahoon Main
Mujhse Milti Rahe Tu
Khud Se Hum Milenge Phir Kabhi
Haan Phir Kabhi

I hummed the lyrics of the song and wrapped the apron around my waist. Feeling all happy and giddy, I took out all the groceries and started whipping the cream.

"Khud ko dhundh lenge fir kabhi." I whispered and smiled brightly.

The reception party has ended and it's probably three in the morning but I couldn't sleep a blink. Something weird is happening inside my belly and I don't know, I almost forgot that when was the last time I was this happy? So, I decided to make something. Blueberry cheesecake. This is my therapy; a delicious cheesecake.

Yes, indeed she's lovely. After all she's mine.

My mind played those words again and I couldn't help but feel the blush creeping upto my neck. A strange warmth enveloped my heart.

Obviously I'm no fool, I know his words were lie but in that moment when the world was against me, his words worked as a medication to my bruises. No one took my side before, no one proudly flaunted me to the world not even my family but this man who married me with no promises of warmth, told the world that I'm not unworthy; that I'm his. It doesn't matter if it was a lie but he said that to protect me and that's all matters to me.

If you offer a single drop of water to the person who's dying of thirst, they will forever be indebted to you because you gave them the hope to survive.

Chopping the blueberries, I invested myself completely in it. The sweet scent of berries and soft music in the surrounding made me happy. So much happy.

Dil Pe Taras Aa Raha Hai
Pagal Kahin Ho Na Jaye
Wo Bhi Main Sun'ne Laga Hoon
Jo Tum Kabhi Keh Na Paaye

Ye Subahein Phir Aayegi
Ye Shaamein Phir Aayengi
Ye Nazdeekiyan Phir Kahan

After finishing the cheesecake, I put a slice of it in a transparent glass box. Covering the lid, I took out a sticky note and after writing a 'Thank you', I pasted it on the lid.

I smiled at myself and put the box on table. And then I hummed the song some more before serving the cheesecake for myself. Turning off all the lights except a dim yellow bulb, I sprawled on the couch and took a bite.

My taste buds bursted with pleasure as the sweetness rolled down my tongue. I closed my eyes and sighed. This has to be best cheesecake I've ever made. I was enjoying the cheesy flavour of blueberries when the kitchen lights turned on all of sudden.

I snapped my head only to see Agastya taking the water bottle out of the refrigerator. Fork slipped from my hand and it fell on the floor with a thud sound. His eyes turned to me and I stiffened. Blinking, I stood up in hurry and adjusted my saree. He looked back to his water bottle and a moment of awkwardness fell between us when I realised that she was shirtless and merely in his sweatpants.

Tujhse Milta Rahoon Main
Mujhse Milti Rahe Tu
Khud Se Hum Milenge Phir Kabhi
Haan Phir Kabhi

And on top of that the stupid song which I was listening on loop, played through plain silence. I bit my tongue and quickly turned off the music.

"Unable to sleep?" I asked to end the itching silence.

His gaze flickerd on me and then at the cake in my hand. "You too?"

"Uh, I was craving something sweet. So I made some-" I stopped in middle when he walked out of the kitchen to the table.

Even in dim light, I was able to see his naked chest. The situation was so intimidating and embarrassing that I cursed myself for pulling the act of being in the kitchen at three in the morning.

"Want some?" I asked, offering him my plate to which he held his hand up in the air.

"I don't prefer sweet dishes." He replied in a beat.

Oh. Okay.

My heart started thumping louder in my chest and all of sudden I became cautious of everything like my hair which were tied up in a messy bun, my crumpled saree, little piece of crushed biscuit that might've stuck at the corner of my mouth, his mascular abs on display, his messy hair scattered effortlessly all over his forehead, his brown eyes trying to look everywhere but at me.

I felt my face growing red and I had no idea what to do next. Should I rush back to my room or stay here?

"It's quite difficult for me to sleep at new place. I'll get adapted to your house in couple of days then you won't find me at midnight in the kitchen. I like blueberry cheesecake, I feel good when I make it, I was listening to the song because -" I mentally facepalmed myself. "I'm sorry, I've a habit of talking too much when I'm nervous." I added, not knowing exactly what I'm saying.

"Why are you nervous?" He asked.

"I'm not nervous. Why are you asking?" I said, realising the beads of sweat pimpling on my forehead.

He raised his eyebrows but then something happened. Something unexpected. He chuckled. The melodic sound vibrated through his chest and he shook his head. "You should get a proper sleep."

I blinked. "Huh?"

"Good night." He said, turning to leave but then his eyes fell on the box I left on the table for him with a 'Thank you' note over it.

I groaned internally. Talk about real embarrassment. He doesn't even like sweet stuffs and I made cheesecake for him.

He took the note and then after reading it, he looked at me and gave me a soft nod as if he was acknowledging my gratitude for what he did in the party for me.

I smiled a little when he turned to leave but then he stopped again and my smile dropped.

He opened the lid and took a bite to taste the cake. "It's nice." He whispered and with that he went to his room.

My heart skipped a beat and sat on the couch. Placing a hand over my chest, I let what happened sink deeper and then a big grin crossed my face.