HEART OF COURAGE

HEART OF COURAGE

( THE HUNGER GAMES )

❝ANYONE CAN BE ANYTHING

❝ANYONE CAN BE ANYTHING.❞

there is
bravery
in being
soft

SUMMARY

SUMMARY

WELCOME TO DISTRICT ONE

a world of glitter and luxury a smaller version of the grand capitol. boulevards made of glass, elegant mansions with lush gardens full of flowers, exquisite food in extravagant shapes and lavish tastes.

children born into a life of luxury healthy babies bathed in milk and honey, lying in cribs with blankets of the softest silk, looking at the diamonds sparkling from the chandeliers.

in a glamorous world of fame and fortune, there are only two ways to be worshipped and admired become a legend by winning the hunger games or marry into a wealthy family.

but not everyone has a place in the spotlight, not everyone has the time to shine.

district one has a history of eating young girls alive marble corpses, begging to be adored, blinded by false promises.

youthful wifes, robbed of their innocence, wedding vows forgotten as soon as they were spoken, wilting away in the halls of empty mansions.

volunteers, marble chess pieces, perfectly poised, waving at the cameras with pretty smiles, ivory hands laced with a mixture of melted gold and dripping blood, falling as quickly as they rose to the spotlight, their names engraved and forgotten on diamond covered gravestones.

children born in district one might have strings of pearls around their necks, but after the glitter fades, a rope of jewels is still just a rope.