Chapter 6

"Taehyung, please eat something." Jimin sat beside Taehyung.

"Did you offer your prayer?" Jimin asked.

"Yeah but I am not feeling peace." Taehyung said with his voice a little hopeless.

"Never lose hope from your Allah. I am not a Muslim but I do know that you should trust your God." He said calmly.

"Jimin." Taehyung moved a little closer to him. "She was not my Mahek. She's not Asiya. Her fragrance was not hers." He whimpered.

Jimin sighed. "I lost hope in Allah, Oh God! Forgive me for that. Please." Taehyung fell down on his knees and started sobbing in pain.

It was the first time that Taehyung had broken down so badly.

Time was hurting him. The more the clock ticked, the more he got confused and heartbroken. It was his test of bearing difficulty.

****

Mayla put a cup of tea beside Jungkook as he was busy working on his laptop. The room was dim lit.

"Do you want me to turn on the lights?" Mayla asked.

"No, it's fine like this." Jungkook replied, his voice seeming a little serious because whenever he talked to Mayla, he had that sweetness in his tone.

"Is everything alright?" Mayla asked and sat beside him.

Jungkook closed his laptop and stared at her. Mayla gulped as she felt uncomfortable by his stare for the first time.

"Jungkook?" She asked puzzled.

"Say that again." He said.

"Say what- is everything alright?" Mayla said.

"Say my name again." Jungkook said as in a command.

"Jungkook?" She said a little taken aback by his strange behavior.

Jungkook chuckled, "Stop being nervous, I am not going to eat you."

Mayla nodded and let out a shaky breath.

"Aunty wants us to go to honeymoon." Mayla said while fidgeting with her fingers.

"Do you want that?" He asked.

"I only follow what I am told to do. I have no opinions of my own." She spoke in a low tone.

Jungkook sighed as he understood the depth of her words. "Let's go to Hajj, this time. What do you say?"

Mayla nodded, "I want to go to Allah's house and talk to Him."

Jungkook lightly smirked, "Don't complain about me. Allah loves me more than you think."

"Allah loves me more!" She argued.

"Ohkay dear wife. As you say." He leaned a little closer as Mayla inched back.

She was recovering or healing perhaps and trying her best to move on with her life and Jungkook made sure to give her every reason to fall in love.

Opening the book to see if your story would change and then getting stuck on the same chapter that defines your fate is very difficult to burn and look upon. It makes the eyes pain, the ears hurt, the nose bleed and the lips quiver.

*****

Sulaiman didn't hesitate once before marrying one of his known person's sister. He turned back from the uneasy situation as if he had never caused many lives to collapse. Not living and not dying, somewhere in between, perhaps that's what we call as the living dead.