Chapter 7

Taehyung got up from the prayer mat and wiped off his tears.

"This world is a paradise for the sinners and a hell for the believers." He whispered.

Taehyung slowly laid down on Mahek's side of the side and covered himself with the blanket, her scent filling him as he inhaled softly. A little pained smile crept on his face.

"Taehyung!" Mahek said as she brought him a cake that she had baked. "Don't disturb me. I am working on a very important project." Taehyung said. Mahek scoffed.

She went closer to him and started blabbering, "You know you shouldn't ignore your wife like this. Hazrat Ali took so much care of Bibi Fatima and always listened to her and loved her like no one else and you- you don't even have time for me, I baked a cake for you and that too strawberry flavor and now you're showing me attitude!"

"Please shut your mouth my Mahek." He said in a low voice still concentrating on his work. Mahek widened her eyes at this, "How dare you say that to me!? I am your wife! And you're not giving me my rights as a wife and my right is your time!"

"If you don't shut up like this, I'll have to do it the hard way meri jaan." He said in a low voice. Mahek teasingly smiled, "Make me."

Taehyung bit his lower lip. He closed his laptop and kept it on the bedside table as he snaked his arms around her waist and pulled her closer. "Don't test my patience love, because when it comes to you, I don't have any." 

Mahek giggled and placed a soft kiss on his cheek. Taehyung started tickling her and Mahek burst out laughing, he laid her back on the bed and got on top of her still tickling her as her laugh echoed in the room.

Memories haunt our soul. The bitter ones disrupt the present happiness and the happy ones disrupt the present sadness into a little illusion of joy which is no more.

Breathing heavily, Taehyung woke up from his dream. He exhaled a few times and inhaled deeply taking deep breathes. He whispered in a low voice, "My Mahek is in paradise Ya Allah, is she?" He gulped a glass of water quickly, sweat dripping down his forehead.

It was now Tahajjud time and Taehyung woke up and did wuzu. He offered Tahajjud and laid down on the prayer mat. His hands slightly trembling and his lips quivering as he stared at the ceiling.

"My sorrows are eternal, my soul is lifeless and my life is meaningless...I can't live at days and sleep at nights...My Mahek please for once tell me if my love is too much or my misery?"

******

Jungkook stared at Mayla as she was busy in fixing her broken bracelet. "Do you love this bracelet so much that when it got broken you started crying?" Jungkook asked as he stared at her in disbelief.

"It was my favorite one." Mayla said as her voice broke. "Why is it so special?" Jungkook asked as he pulled a chair near her and inched himself closer.

"Let me fix it for you." He said after she stayed silent for sometime.

Jungkook started tying the strings carefully with the pearls as Mayla looked at him in a little worry.

He showed her the bracelet after fixing it. "See, you were crying and worrying for no reason at all."

She hiccuped and wiped off her tears and took the bracelet. "I knew you could fix it, the one who can help me fix my heart can atleast fix this for me."

Jungkook smiled a little and held her hands softly, "I will do anything to see you smile." Mayla smiled a little, "Forgive me for not valuing your love before, I can't thank you enough for praying and loving me since so many years and then even ruining our wedding night."