Chapter 9

The kid rushed towards Taehyung and jumped in his lap. Hania stared at him silently finding him a bit familiar. "Assalamualaikum." Taehyung said.

"Walaikum Assalam. How many I help you?" She asked straight forwardly.

"Um- Are you Mrs. Hania?" He asked. The woman nodded her head. "Yes, how do you know?" She frowned.

Taehyung sighed in relief, "Is your husband home?" Hania nodded her head. In a few moments, a young man stood beside her, apparently her husband.

"I am Junaid. You can talk to me." The man said as Hania nodded a little understanding what he said in his words and left the men alone after taking the child. His name was probably, Hassan, as Hania addressed him.

"Come inside we'll talk." Junaid smiled a little and invited him. Taehyung nodded and entered. "Do you mind if I keep my bag here?"

"No issue." Junaid helped him keep his bag and then led him towards drawing room.

The huge room was beautifully decorated and seemed luxurious. This society was clearly well developed.

Taehyung sat on the couch and Junaid sat infront of him. "How may I help you?"

"I am Taehyung, Mahek's husband. Hania's sister, Mahek." Taehyung started.

Junaid frowned but nodded, "So you're Taehyung."

"I know you may be surprised but I will explain you the situation..."
Taehyung explained him everything.

"Mahek died!?" Junaid was surprised.

Hania was listening to everything silently behind the glass door. The glass of water in her hands fell and broke into pieces as she was too grief struck. She never had a good connection with Mahek ever since they were young, but she was her sister.

Junaid heard this and excused himself. After sometime, he again returned to Taehyung, "I am sorry brother, but I don't think we can help you in any way, if you think she's alive, she is not here with us." Junaid told to Taehyung.

Taehyung was disappointed but he nodded, "Thanks for helping me out." Taehyung got up from the couch. Junaid asked him, "Wait-"

Taehyung turned around. "Let's exchange numbers, do tell me how everything is going." Junaid said.

Taehyung nodded.

Taehyung left the place and started walking on the road. He had no idea where to go, or what to do. His face was showing utter disappointment and he was very sad.

Suddenly, he was snapped out of his world when an old woman yelled behind him. "Ishq ki raah ke musafir lagte ho, kahan jaa rahe ho?" (You look like a traveller in the way of love, where are you headed?)

Taehyung looked behind and stood confused. He went near her and bent down to her level. The woman looked like a homeless woman and she was sitting on a cloth on the roadside. She was fully wrapped in a chaddar (huge cloth) and had wrinkles on her face though her eyes were sparkling.

She caressed Taehyung's hair as he bent down his head. "I know English!" She yelled with a little joy. Taehyung chuckled. "Who taught you Amma jee?" (Mom in respect)
The woman laughed, "My Yasir did."

Taehyung's heart broke into pieces when he heard this. "Who Yasir?" He asked. "My husband." She replied and laughed but with a little pain.

Taehyung sat infront of her on that cloth. The woman frowned, "Kisi achay bhalay gharane ke lagte ho, iss ghareeb ki chaddar par kyu baith gaye?" (You look from a wealthy family, why did you sit with a poor woman?)