CHAPTER 9

[Donovan's Pov]

We were in the middle of a discussion when the secretary of the Principal knocked at the door and excused me. They excused me right away and tailed the Principal's secretary.

When we arrived at his office, I immediately bowed my head and greeted him on a pleasant morning, he nodded and gestured for the seat in front of his table, and I obediently sat.

"I am so sorry for the immediate call Donovan, you have nothing to do with this sana, but there is no one I can trust but you, the Foundation is fast approaching, and I can't no longer wait for the election, so I am appointing you now as the President of this campus," he declared, and I don't know what to say.

"And I come up with the idea to conduct a seminar for all leaders of every year and sections, and at that moment, we'll be having an election, however, this will not guarantee that the elected officers will be the same as the previous ones."

"Permission to speak sir," I butted, he nod, so I continued, "thank you sir, and thank you much for your trust, and to the opportunity to lead here," I expressed, "about the vacant positions sir, I think we don't need to elect right away, if we are still thinking about the upcoming event, we can gather a representative or the class president together with their vice and secretary to have a meeting and talk about it, with that, not just the campus officers will do the work and help but they can also," I suggested, at napatango tango naman siya.

"I also believe that you and the other staffs of this institution will help, there'll no preasure sir, relax lang po kayo," sabi ko ng may awa, dahil halata nga sa kaniyang hindi na niya alam ang kaniyang gagawin.

Napasandal ito sa kaniyang upuan at bahagya pang niluwagan ang kaniyang necktie, he heave a deep sigh and caress his nose bridge.

Ako at ang kaniyang sekretarya ay pinanood nga siya, "sir, why don't you take a break for awhile?" out of respect, I uttered, I shouldn't talk something like this, because who am I to do that?

He smiled quickly, "I'm so fine with this, this is the only escape I know para malessen ang burden," sagot nito, Ijust smiled weakly too and divert the topic back.

"Can I take Ms. Sullivan with me to manage the event sir?" I asked permission at agad naman itong tumango.

Maging pagdedesisyon niya ay ura-urada na lamang din, nagpaalam nga din ako kalaunan, at hinatid pa ako ng sekretarya niya.

"Pagpasensyahan niyo muna si sir dahil masiyado siyang miserable ngayon,"aniya and pause, ramdam din sa kaniya ang awa mula sa kanila, "he lost his wife and his grandson, kaya ganoon na lamang siya," kwento nito, at taimtim lamang akong nakinig.

Maging ako ay napapasabay sa pagbuntong hininga dahil doon. Halo-halo ring emosyon, I hope that everything will be okay.

Gracious!

Napatingin nga ako sa aking relo at doon ko lamang napagtanto na ilang minuto nalang ay break time na pala.

Agad ko ngang tinunton ang building ng HUMMS sa kung nasaan si Leigh ngayon, hindi pa man ako nakakalapit ay napakaingay na ng classroom na nasa ibaba, only to find out that she was the one causing the noise.

Wala namang masama but it irritates me.

Pumasok ako doon and stand infront of her na ikinatigil niya ay mukang nabaadtrip pa, "anong kailangan mo?" tanong niya, "you," maikli kong sagot na ikinakantiyaw ng iba.

She made a gross expression "kadiri, minsan mumog ka alcohol para hindi nakakalibot-joke lang, bakit ba! hoy!" sigaw nito nang hilain ko na siya palabas ng classroom.