Chapter 1

Alex is already regretting the next two weeks of his life. Here he is wedged between his sister and ex girlfriend- well if you could call Nora that, honestly now his best friend. Their talking about god knows whatever drama series they've both binged, its unhealthy how many episodes they go through a day and Alex makes the point to bring it up at every moment he can, only to frantically yelled at my either June or Nora defending the show within an inch of their life. 

Alex cannot imagine how his crazy family will survive this vacation let alone here in the back seat. Currently he's thinking about how utterly weird it is that his mum, dad and step-father are all going on vacation together, he knows they get along sure that's healthy but really, is it necessary to share the news with the whole world everyone's going to think they're insane. His parents split up almost two years ago and his mum remarried a few moths ago, He's got used to Leo, he loves Leo but its still weird but he guesses they came up with the idea that this would feel normal and help them settle in, Alex thinks is stupid why play happy family when your already divorced. 

At least Nora's coming she's practically family anyway. He knows exactly how these two weeks will go, he can bet on the fact that his mum and dad will fight putting the rest off the days in a awkward atmosphere where everyone will pretend everything is alright, June and Nora will probably want to hang out on their own together so he'll probably be on his own, so basically yeah Alex is not excited.

" Aaggh, Alex just shush already, you don't understand, perhaps if you had watched it per our suggestion you would" June says shoving her elbow into Alex's rib, Alex desperately wished he had sat in the window seat or heaven forbid even the aisle seat. Anything would be better than this. 

The flight had one more hour before they arrived in Spain. He let out a large sigh. He put his head phones and pulled his eye mask over his eyes he wasn't going to listen to this anymore.

"Fine whatever Alejandro your missing out" Nora says lifting up the right side of his headphone.

"Whatever will I do" Alex says sarcastically mimicking a knife to the heart, he giggles at his own joke and in return is shoved by Nora. 

                                                                   --------------------------------------------

When they finally arrive, they step out of the plane and Alex is surprised at the comfort the heat of the sun against his skin, it reminds him of how he feels when he's at his fathers lake house out on the dock. 

Checking into their rooms, Alex has his own after much use of his argumentative side he begged his mother, she of course gave in an Alex has been smug ever since. He's seventeen he's old enough, mature enough, well June and Nora would say otherwise but that's not the point. besides he's not sharing with June and Nora. Luging his suitcase to his room he belly flops forward onto his bed, fresh and clean he finally feels like he can relax, as he melts into the sheets the jetlag finally catching up with him he thinks, I could get used to this.

He's awoken by the sound of knocking on the windows by his balcony.

He pulls a pillow over his head, the knocking continues followed by the distinctive sound of June calling his name. He reluctantly pulls himself from his peaceful slumber to see what was going on outside. He unlocks the window to now fine June and Nora lounging on some deck chairs staring at the sun setting and giggling away.

"What are you doing here" Alex rubs his eyes open.

"What disappointed to see us baby bro" June pouts and Alex sighs.

"Mum gave us a key to your room, you didn't think that she's just let you have a whole room to yourself without someone to keep an eye on you" June raises her eyebrows.

"This is so lame I can't believe this" Alex huffs arms crossed. 

Nora has gotten up and is currently pushing the deck chairs together, she climbs back on them and pats beside her offering Alex seat next to them. Alex rolls his eyes and accepts squishing the three of them together. He loves his, he loves them.

                                                                    -------------------------------------------

The day goes on and they manage to get through dinner without a full blown argument between his parents, successful he thinks, thank the lord. Perhaps he was wrong about his parents maybe he should have had more faith in them, no he thinks he mustn't get his hopes up, not like he did after the divorce trying to find any glimpse of happiness left in his parents marriage to convince himself it wasn't happening. Wow maybe he had convinced he was over this clearly the damage was done. After this internal crisis Alex found himself tossing and turning in his sheets, he needs a run.

Slipping on a pair of flip fops Alex sneaks out of his room and makes his way down the beach path, he can see the water glistening in the moonlight, a gentle breeze through his curls as he makes it to the sand and it's so soft it feels like powder beneath his feet. 

Running along the edge of shore he's not sure he's ever felt this free. His pace slows when he catches sight of a boy, golden locks blinding sitting with his feet in the sand and a book in hand, and Alex is quite sure it is one of the most peaceful sight he's ever seen. He doesn't know why but he has a feeling he needs to meet this boy, he's not sure why, but he knows he just has to...

AUTHORS NOTE 

Hiya!!!! Hope you enjoyed this I've been wanted to write something like it please do tell me what you think i really do appreciate all your advice and opinions as well as your ideas.

I really do love bringing peoples ideas to life, so if you have a thought about what happens next ill make sure to include it and credit you.

Thanks so much for reading I'll hopefully update this every few weeks 

love you <3

 thanksss!!!!!!! :)