¹⁵ 𝙅𝙐𝘿𝙂𝙀, 𝙅𝙐𝙍𝙔, 𝙀𝙓𝙀𝘾𝙐𝙏𝙄𝙊𝙉𝙀𝙍

¹⁵ JUDGE, JURY, EXECUTIONER

As life from the heart left howling.

Lorkin O'Reilly, Ireland

              PERCHED BETWEEN Carol and Patricia, Harlene's head throbbed from all the arguments

       PERCHED BETWEEN Carol and Patricia, Harlene's head throbbed from all the arguments. Out of her respect for Rick, she listened as he explained how Randall was a member of the men who had cornered them in the bar of the town, almost blazing them away with guns. Those people had abandoned Randall when the young man had impaled his leg while trying to escape walkers. The incident had left his life as an arduous dilemma on Rick's back. Good as their leader was, to bring the guy here, to their safe home... It had certainly raised doubt.

"We couldn't just leave him behind. He would've bled out...if he lived that long." Rick's eyes scoured every face around the dining table as their people debated the matter within their minds.

"lt's gotten bad in town," Glenn noted. His hands had been clutching each other as if trying to hold onto his sanity. By bad, he had to mean terrible, for Harlene had never seen him this frightened before.

Andrea raised the question everyone had been wondering, "So what do we do with him?"

       Leave the answer to Shane, he would say it was obvious they would have to put a bullet in the boy's head and get over it. Rick wouldn't go along with callously killing a man without a sober reason. He opened his mouth to say so before Hershel entered the room, clutching a bloody towel. Landon trailed behind the man with rolled sleeves and a sweaty complexion. They had to have done a lot of stitching.

"We repaired his calf muscle as best we could, but he'll probably have nerve damage." The veterinarian clarified. "Won't be on his feet for at least a week, that's for sure."

Rick nodded, "When he is, we give him a canteen, take him out to the main road, and send him on his way."

"Isn't that the same as leaving him for the walkers?" Andrea frowned.