✿ TO BE A RESPONSIBILITY ✿

ALAIA

"Oh my-" I clenched my belly and groaned in pain. These cramps. These cramps will be death of me.

I rolled onto side and tried to take a deep breath but nothing happened. I don't know how I'm going to survive this?

I felt wetness between my legs and I clicked my tongue in frustration. Periods. I somehow managed to get up and oh God - I don't have pads.

What I'm going to do now? I don't have enough strength to drag myself to the pharmacy. I need painkillers and sanitary napkins.

Biting my lips, I unlocked my phone only to realise that it's three in the morning. Fantastic, what a great time.

I cried in desperation and quickly tapped on Agastya's contact number. Wiping my tears, I waited impatiently for him to recieve the call.

"Alaia?" His sleepy voice came through the other side.

"Do you have any painkiller?" I whispered.

"Give me a minute." He said and disconnected the call.

And in no time, I heard a knock at my door. "Come in. The door's unlocked." I whispered.

"Are you okay?" He asked, as soon as he stepped inside my room.

I cried in pain, gesturing him to pass the medicine.

"Uh, are you on your periods?" He whispered.

I nodded, knowing very well that he must've seen the stains on bedsheet but the ugly pain didn't even let have a chance to be embarrass about it. Right now, I can't think of anything.

I gulped down the painkiller down my throat and lay down on the bed. Crying myself to sleep, I doze off.

I opened my eyelids as the sunrays hit my face. Feeling tired and sleepy, I get down from the bed and was about to walk to the washroom when my eyes fell on the nightstand.

There was a paper bag which I didn't know about. I pinched my brows together and opened the bag. Inside it, I found sanitary napkins of different types. Cotton one then another for heavy flow, for light flow, for night and oh, there was also a packet of tampons and one box of menstrual cup. I blinked in confusion and opened smaller paper bag which was filled with choclates.

And then I pulled out a sticky note pasted on the table.

"I didn't know exactly what you prefer so I ask the pharmacist and he gave me all these. Have your breakfast and get ready, I've taken an appointment to doctor. This much pain isn't normal in periods."

And with that all the memories of last night hit me like a truck. I hide my face inbetween my palms and swallowed an urge to scream in embarrassment. He saw blood stains on my bed? He saw blood stains on my clothes?

This is so embarrassing.

I quickly went to washroom and took a warm shower after changing the bedsheet. There was constant cramp in my belly which before gets worse, I decided to tear the wrapper of chocolate and eat it and then quickly took the medicines.