✿ TO BE TRUSTED ✿

ALAIA

“Really? Can I go to her house?” I asked in excitement.

“Yes and you don't need my permission for such things.” Agastya replied.

“Thankyou so much.” I grinned.

Quickly rushing to my room, I wore a decent saree and tied my hair in braids. Applying a small patch of complexion cream, I took my phone and went outside of the house. The driver greeted me and in no time, I was at Anaya's place.

Yes, she invited me to her house. At first I was worried if Agastya would give me permission to go but how can I forget that he didn't came from a deep rooted patriarchal background?

“Hey, dude. Woah, you look beautiful.” She came to me and engulfed me in a friendly hug.

I smiled, slightly hesitated as this has to be first time I'm making a friend and that too going to her place to hang out with her. “Thankyou.”

She took my wrist and pulled me to her room. I looked around in awe, the photographs of her and Arnav on the wall where they both seem so much in love. The huge king size bed in the middle and luxurious decor.

I wonder how it is to share a room together as married couples? I've never seen Agastya room.

“I'm not making you uncomfortable, right?” She asked, grabbing bunch of snacks and gesturing me to sit on the bed.

“I'm rather thankful.” I replied and next we watched a movie together, talking about random stuffs, laughing our heart out and I don't know when I became so comfortable with her that everything seemed pretty normal as if I know her since forever. I never had a friend before but I wish I met her earlier.

She's so kind and funny.

“So, tell me. How's married life treating you?” She asked, once the movie was over.

I shifted my gaze to her and shrugged. “It's good.” I bit on my lips and decided whether to tell her or not but finally I said, I just wanted to talk about it to someone. “I was diagnosed with Endometriosis.”

“Fuck man, that must be so painful for you.” She replied.

“I'm scared. What if I'll never be able to conceive a baby?” I mouthed my inner turmoil that's been bothering me since yesterday.

Her eyes diluted a little and a faint chuckle escaped pass her lips. “I might not be the best person to talk about having a child, Alaia.”

“Why?”

“I don't want kids.”

My eyes widened in suprise. “But Arnav loves you, right? Then why don't you want to have children? Aren't you two married for so long now?”

“Off course, we love each other.” She laughs a little. “But first tell me aren't you just twenty five? Isn't it too early to think about having children?”

I blinked in confusion. “Is it?” I blurted out.

“I don't know. As I said I'm no expert on this subject however I feel that it's all about one's choice.” She shrugged. “But, let me answer your concern. You see, you can get pregnant with endometriosis, it's no biggie. But even if you don't then IVF options are available or if not then you can always adopt a kid, it's simple as that.”