51: Promises

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

"Come on, pick up the call, Tae!" Hoseok was beyond worried because once again, he lost contact with Taehyung.

He took a lunch break to pick Taehyung up and get him to the hospital because he was looking not so well, but reaching his university, he got to know that he left the office hours before. Thinking that he went back to the house, he rushed there only to find his heart more heavy. Since then, he has been trying his phone and even called Wangji as well to get no response.

"Taehyung, please be safe, bear." Tugging his hair in distress, he dialed Yeonjun's, Soobin and even Hyuna's contact only to find the phone busy or unanswered.

He had waited too long, and now he knew, what he had to do. Taking his car keys, he left the house, with the hope of reaching the destination soon to fulfill his promise to keep Taehyung safe.

•••••••••••••

Wangji was about to do the last thing he had left to save Taehyung because it was crystal clear that bleeding like that would only lead him to the worst, which was the last thing he could bear any more.

Preparing his whole mana to transfer his energy to Taehyung's body to heal him quickly, he closed his eyes one more time, exerting more energy than the last time which wasn't accepted by Taehyung's body, he chanted a few words, but suddenly, he was thrown on the wall, with two men surrounding him the next moment.

It was all hazy and blurry, but still, his eyes were just finding Taehyung, who was, to his horror, was found in the arms of Han Minhyuk, the current leader of the Han clan, smirking his way.

"LEAVE HIM!"

"Shhh, you shouldn't be shouting like that, son. We have a lot of humans in our surroundings, and we don't want them to see our secrets, right?" Tilting his head innocently, the white-haired male stated, making his grip tight on Taehyung's frame.

"And definitely, you don't want me to kill this boy right now."

"Stay away from him!"

Minhyuk had a very teasing smile on his face when he slowly placed Taehyung back on the bed, and maybe Wangji felt a bit better after seeing the older male stepping away from the blue-haired, but it was too short, because next he thrashed in the hold of the captors that seemed to have a control on his powers, keeping him useless all while he witnessed Minhyuk putting his glowing palm over Taehyung's forehead with a sinister smile.

"I'm going away now, my dear nephew." Waving his hands up in a mock surrender after he patted Wangji's cheeks twice to irritate him more, Minhyuk pouted, and his minions let Wangji go. The pout soon turned into another smirk when one of his men stabbed Wangji in his gut as he tried to get hold of their leader before rushing away. "Now, it's a war between you and Jeons. I'm off."

Grunting at the seeping pain that couldn't heal because of his mana locked by Minhyuk, he just watched helplessly when they all left the room as if they hadn't just put a death spell on an innocent male.

Forgetting his own pain, he stumbled in a great rush to see Taehyung's pale face and a clear sign of another spell surrounding his body. Pulling his hand away from his fresh wound, he gathered his mana that was finally back to break the spell on Taehyung's body but failed miserably when his nose bled, indicating his low energy and exhausted body.