✿ TO BE GIFTED ✿

ALAIA

After reading his letter, I stared back at the moon. I tried to put myself in Agastya's shoes and rethink of the situation. Isn't it normal for him to still be in love with Zoya? I don't know much about love but when you think of your future with someone else and then all of sudden that person is gone, what about that future? How can you move on from that?

Our mind isn't capable of remembering every tiny details; time plays it's part and slowly but painfully starts fading those memories but then there's this vague hope of future you dreamt and I don't think it's easier to forget that.

Pulling the letter to my chest, I let out a sigh.

I stood up and dusted my clothes, placing the letter back from where I've taken it out. But then my eyes caught the glass bottle of black ink. I observed it and realised that he uses ink to write letters. Ah, he's an old school. I smiled, shaking the bottle slightly. It was about to get empty.

I bite my lips and and opened Amazon on my phone. Searching for the same ink as he uses, I thought of placing an order for him but then I saw the price and my jaw dropped in suprise. It is too costly. Wow, never knew that mere an ink could cost fortunes. Rich people and their craze with fancy items. I almost rolled my eyes but then because it was Agastya, I shrugged my shoulders and quickly rushed back to my room.

Opening my bag, I took out piggy bank made out of clay that I own ever since I was in middle school. Without thinking twice, I smashed the clay pot on the floor. I started counting the money that I've saved. More like it's my lifetime savings. I remember keeping it hidden or else my mother or brother might've snatched it from me.

Almost seventeen thousand rupees.

I frowned. I need six thousand more. Why the ink bottle has to be this expensive?

I thought for awhile then decide to ask the remaining money from Agastya. I'll make some sort of lie, like I need those money to buy a saree for myself or anything.

I grinned and quickly placed the order for it.

***

I groaned in sleep when I heard my phone ringing. Rubbing my eyes, I answered the call only to know that the dilevery boy is at the doorstep.

Is it morning already?

I quickly get up, grabbing the money and almost running downstairs. I stilled finding Agastya having breakfast. I scratched my head and pulled my hands back to hide my money.

"Oh, hey....Good morning." I shuttered, mentally scolding myself for not even once checking myself in the mirror.

He gave me a nod.

"Uh, can you give me some money?" I breathed out in hesitation. "I've ordered a saree."

He handed me his credit card.

"I need cash." I whispered.

"A second." He said and walked to his room and then returned back. He gave me a bundles of five hundred notes.

I shook my head. "No. No. This is too much. I need only six thousand." I said, not taking the money from him which might be more than fifty thousand.