✿ TO BE PROUD ✿

ALAIA

"What should I wear?" I asked in nervousness.

He looked up from his phone and shrugged. "Anything."

I bite my lips and went through my closet, not finding one decent dress to wear. He's taking me to meet his parents and I'm absolutely worried about it since I've never seen them before nor did I know before today about them. His parents weren't even present on our wedding and Agastya didn't mention about them once.

Today when we were having lunch, he received a call. His facial expressions became stern and void and he just hummed in reply. Then after ending the call, he told me that we're going to his parents place.

I really don't want to give them my bad first impression. I want to be a perfect daughter-in-law for them. I've never gotten the love of my family. Maybe in Agastya's parents, I might get a new family. Part of me is excited and other is nervous.

I caught a glimpse of the Saree that Agastya gifted me. Smiling, I quickly wore the red kanjivaram saree and glanced at the mirror. Indeed the Saree looks beautiful; kind of giving a newly wedded bride look. I combed my hair and put it up in a loose bun. Filling my middle partition of head with bright red vermillion, I wore my nuptial chain whose gold locket was so heavy and beautiful. Then I wore red bangles and applied some soft perfume.

I looked myself again in the mirror and a happy feeling erupted in my belly. I do look like a newly wedded bride. I don't know how to describe this feeling but admiring myself in mirror as Alaia Singhania, is oddly good. Like I've a new identity and no, it's not because I'm regressive or believe in patriarchy that a woman belongs to her husband but as someone who's immensely proud and happy to be married to Agastya Singhania; the man who was anything but kind to me ever since the day I met him.

And why wouldn't I? After all I like him.

I gushed at the thought and went to him who was already waiting for me. His gaze landed on me and trust me something sparked in his eyes but he masked it quickly. "It looks good on you." He said, mentioning about the dress he gifted me.

"Thankyou." I smiled. "I'm not over doing anything, right?" I asked.

He opened his mouth to say something but he didn't.

I followed him to his car and I settled inside. He ignited the engine and soon we reached his parents house. I took my time to observe the house, it was indeed lavish which made me wonder that why he didn't live with his family?

Shrugging my thoughts away, I get out of the car when two of the attended came to us and greeted us. I smiled at them and then they led us inside. I maintained a calm composer once we were asked to sit in the living room. I blinked my eyes in suprise that why in the world are we treated this formally?

And finally his parents came. I quickly stood up and bend down to touch their feet one by one. His father put his palm on my head followed by his mother.

Calm down, Alaia. You'll manage everything.

I sat back on the couch and noticed that Agastya didn't even bother to acknowledge their parents. He kept his gaze focused on an empty space with his jaw clenched.

"Finally I get to see your wife, son. It wouldn't be much better if you invited us to your wedding, no?" His mother said, offering me a small smile.