| 24 |

༊˚ 𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐘 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 ࿐

Y/N'S POV ::

My heart beats louder against my chest. I can feel the vibrations. The thumping sound rings in my ear but there's a faint voice in my brain as well and it whispers that whatever happened was wrong.

I'm immobile or maybe I turned to liquid because all I can focus on is Taehyung's hand wrapped around mine as he drags me outside of my house. The warmth of his skin against my cold skin makes me feel somewhat better. My eyes are stuck at the way he has his big hand wrapped around mine. It resembles protectiveness.

He is enraged with anger and I can feel it by the way he keeps glaring at nothing in particular. He argued with my mother for me. He did something I had never done.

But it feels wrong.

It's suffocating.

"Taehyung! Y/n! Stop!" My steps halt at the voice that echoes from behind. Taehyung tugs at my hand and looks at me. "Let's go, y/n." He stated but I don't feel my legs. "My brother.. he is calling for us." I muttered. "We are not going in." His voice is so sharp and cold, it could cut through anything and anyone. "He is coming here." I mumbled and looked behind to see Sungmin rushing towards us.

"Hey! You can't leave just like that." Sungmin declared, facing Taehyung. The man holding my hand stands beside me, his grip tightening around my wrist as he pins my brother with a glare. "Then what do you want me to do? Sit like you and watch your mother spew bullshits about my wife?" I shuddered at his words. Sungmin opens his mouth but then closes again, not finding words to say.

"Seriously? You're her brother. You should've done this before me." Taehyung stated. "You have no right to speak in between our family, Taehyung." Sungmin sighs. Taehyung twisted his lips, his tongue poking at his inner cheek. "The last time I checked, I was the son in law of this family and your father clearly told me that I was part of your family." He stated. "It doesn't matter though. As long as it includes, y/n, I will talk no matter what." He added.

My brother stares at Taehyung for a brief moment before he turns to me. "I'm sorry, Bun." He muttered, a small smile grazing at his lips. "Take care of her." Sungmin turned to Taehyung and informed him before he turned around and walked back inside the house. I watched his retreating back until he disappeared and Taehyung dragged me out.

He opens the door of his car for me and signals me to slide in. I wait and sit still in my seat while he takes his seat. Taehyung wears his seat belt and notices that I haven't fixed mine yet. "Wear your seat belt, y/n." I blink my eyes, turning to him. There's something sitting right at my chest, something heavy, something that's suffocating me.

Why did he do that?

When I don't move on my own, Taehyung curses out. "Wear your seat belt." He stated once again and I finally moved my hands to do the job. Soon after, he starts the engine and I watch the Lee mansion pass before my eyes as we drive out of the property. The car ride is filled with complete silence, the awkward and uncomfortable one. I feel a thick cloud over my head, it darkens and the invisible noose around my neck tightened.