disclaimers

Keys:

"Quotations" = Normal dialogue

Italics = Thoughts

Italics+Underline = Flashback

Bold+Underline = Writing / Lettering

Underline = Sign language (JSL)

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗ = Time skip / Scene change

... = Pause in a sentence / drifting away
from conversation

"S-s-" = Stumbling of words

Here's Shizuka, our main protagonist for this story!

Here's a short summary of things you may want to know about him:

CHARACTERISTICS

AGE:
16-17

BIRTHDAY:
October 12th

STAR SIGN:
Libra, the scales

GENDER:
Male

Height:
6'3 (192 cm)

WEIGHT:
164 lbs (74 kg)

BLOOD TYPE:
A

ETHNICITY:
Asian

NATIONALITY:
Japanese

RELATIVES:
Sora Kimoto (twin older sister, past)
Chidori Kimoto (father)
Hinode Kimoto (mother, past)

FAVORITE SUBJECT(S):
Math, History

FAVORITE FOOD(S):
Soups, lemons

SCHOOL:
Ouran Academy

OCCUPATION:
High School student

CLUB:
Ouran Host Club (UNOFFICAL)

Shizuka Kimoto (木本 静 ) is a 2nd year at Ouran academy on an Art Scholarship. As he is required to continue painting portraits to be displayed around Ouran and/or murals to keep his scholarship, you can find him in Music Room 3 painting almost all the time. He is the younger twin of his sister, Sora, and is in Class 2-A with his good friends Tamaki Suoh and Kyoya Ootori. He lives in an upper-middle class neighborhood in more of a western style house with his father, who works as a Neuropsychologist.

Personality
Shizuka is a very laid back person, kind of going with the flow of everything and not really having any protests. With that fact, he also generally listens to almost everyone, doing or following what they tell him.

He's a very observant and caring individual, noticing small details in things that people might miss. This adds on to one of the reasons why he's so good at painting and why he got a scholarship form it. It isn't just because of the visual tablet alone, it's also because of the way he's able to capture the little things. Shizuka also loves photography, but it's more of a side hobby. Though, he does take lots of pictures for the school.

He knows what everyone may be feeling, but he doesn't comprehend his own feelings too well and ultimately ignores them to the point where he forgets about them.

Shizuka's attention span is actually very poor and limited, not being able to focus on one thing for very long before getting bored or distracted. Usually when he is working, he needs a quiet atmosphere to focus. Another thing that goes with this, is that he's pretty jumpy. He seems to always be on edge, like he's waiting for something to happen.

Shizuka doesn't have the best self-esteem. He has this willingness to be taken advantage of or mistreated by others, and will even go as far as to apologize in the process.

After the death of his sister, however, Shizuka began to outwardly behave more like her and eventually developed more of a positive attitude. In situations he doesn't know what to do, he'll thinks about what Sora would've done and inflict on that. Kyoya has stated that kind of behavior and way of thinking isn't right before, but Shizuka will argue that it's fine, and that he's just honoring his sister's memory.

Appearance
When not in uniform, Shizuka likes to wear comfortable clothes that hang loose on his body, mostly t-shirts and shorts. He also loves wearing hats and beanies, and wears them when not at school. He doesn't have many formal outfits, maybe one or two that he stole from Tamaki's closet.

He has shoulder length and somewhat messy brown hair. Shizuka used to have his hair way longer when he was younger, but cut it off and kept it short ever since he was eleven. He has sleepy green eyes, that make people question him if he's tired a lot, with prominent eyelashes. He has freckles that he covered up for some time, but after Kyoya told him not to, he stopped. He's above average height and towers above most people, making him somewhat intimating. His body shape is lean and seems to not have much muscle, but he is actually quite strong.

Shizuka's yellow rose.
Although Shizuka is not part of the Host Club, he is given a rose color that is yellow. In Japanese culture, yellow roses' meaning goes a bit beyond happiness, because it also means courage or inner strength. This fits him quite well since, although he is usually happy, there are moments when he seems to need help finding his inner strength.

In Western culture, a yellow rose are also used to represent those feelings that are associated with friendship such as warmth, delight, gladness, caring, and affection. This also matches Shizuka's personality, which check marks all the above.

Etymology
- The name Shizuka is a common name given to girls in Japan, although it is considered a non-gendered name. Although it has many meanings, the meaning attached to his name is "Quiet" and/or "Fragrance".

- His surname Kimoto (木本) means "one who lives beneath the trees". Ki meaning "tree" or "wood" and Moto meaning "origin", source", or "base".

Likes
- Painting - Photography
- Silence (when focusing) - The sun
- Laughing/Having fun - Flowers
- Helping others - School

Dislikes
- Getting scared - Clowns
- Yelling - Glass
- Heat or Humidity - Arguments
- Pressure - Solitude

To anyone who read my previous book 'Sidelines then Skateparks', welcome back! To anyone who just found this book, nice to meet you, and I hope you enjoy, I try my best.

Please ignore the fact that the characters may show being ooc, and all characters will be aged accordingly to the age they are stated to have in the manga.

Cover made on Canva.

Enjoy the book, and have fun.