CHAPTER SEVEN: THE THREAT

"You know... we've never had sex for real."

     Trent and I were laid next to each other in his silk sheeted bed. I always liked staying in this bed. For some reason it always gave me some odd sense of comfort. Maybe it's literally the thick blanket, blasting AC and the cool touch of the sheets. Maybe it was Trent. The same guy who was tangled up in my limbs, his naked body stacking heat under the blanket. Thankfully David got back when we were done with our...activities. Now he was knocked out in his own bed across the room.

     "I guess we haven't" I dismissed his statement, sleep consuming me. I couldn't even keep my eyes open, especially after all we just did. Even through the closed eyes and darkness in the room, I could still feel his eyes piercing me. I dared not look back.

     "...are you not comfortable with it yet?"

     "Not sure-'

     "It's ok if you don't want to talk about it. But I want you to. I'm asking you to open up to me Sven. Just let me know if you're ok with talking about this."

     "...I guess I'm just waiting for the right person. I don't know. It just...doesn't feel right, right now. If that's ok? I know you're used to that and all-"

     "Don't compare yourself to me. Especially not in that regard. I know I got a reputation for...this stuff. But it still means a lot to me. I want to do it with you, I want to take this to the next level. And usually if I hadn't had sex with the other person yet I would lose interest but...I can't get you out of my head. Ever. Is that weird?"

     I release a snicker, blindly pulling myself closer to him and laying my head on his chest. From this position I could feel everything. From the muscle, to his heat, but what got me the most was his heart. I could feel the rapid beating below me.

     "Nah, I'm pretty cool so I get why"

     Trents breathless laugh erupted in the dark room.

     "Yeah you are pretty cool. I wish I knew more about you.."

     "...I wish I knew more about myself."

     "Care to explain?"

     "You know I don't really...have my memories right?"

     "Yeah I think I overheard it a few times. Didn't want to believe it till I heard it from you though."

     "Well it's true. The real memories I have are from when I crashed out in that desert to now. I keep having these little visions or like flashes of memory. But that's it. Otherwise nothing. The best I got is from the first day we got here. I had a deep daydream and it all felt so real but I'm not sure. Maybe it was the stress at the time?"

     "Stress? What's a pretty boy like you doing stressed out? You always seem so...perfect."

     "I'm pretty good at masking. Not that I want to but it's easier. There's a lot in my head not a lot of people will understand and people like when I'm happy. And I like when people like me. And when people are happy. So, I save myself the trouble of explaining and I save them the trouble of understanding. Only my three close friends really know anything. At that time we were falling out over the video and...it's kind of hard to mask that pain we went through."

     I could feel my eyes burning as I forced them close, fighting back the release of tears that would fall on the body below me. I don't know why I was confiding in him, I don't know why I'm confessing anything but honestly, I think I need this right now.

     "I'm...sorry. I guess I never really thought about all that goes on in your head. I'm kind of like that too. People like when I act like the Trent everyone knows. And I like when people like me. So, I save myself the trouble being left alone and save them the trouble of seeing a part of me they'd hate. As for Leon, I still don't understand why he did it. Bri's gorgeous and she's an amazing person, he had so much going for him. That prick."